Bankers chalk down crisis and head for the classroom
- Raymond J. McGuire Named Co-Head Of Investment Banking At Citigroup. // Jet;6/13/2005, Vol. 107 Issue 24, p7
Reports that investment banker Raymond J. McGuire has been appointed as global co-head of investment banking at Citigroup Corporate and Investment Banking. Comments from McGuire on his appointment; Details of his education and career; Boards that he has served on.
- Learning Life's Lessons. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p68
The article relates the story of Cliff Stevenson, a mortgage banker who quit after 20 years in a lucrative career, to teach eighth grade social studies. Teaching was his original passion, and after the death of his business partner, Stevenson took a major pay cut to fulfill his dream.
- Second Chance. Klein, Pamela // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the decision to change careers in Indiana. Shift from a law career to furniture artwork marketing; Nursing education following 20 years of employment at banking industry; Retirement from teaching to open a bed and breakfast commercial establishment.
- PEOPLE. // National Mortgage News;2/20/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p18
The article reports on career developments of executives in financial institutions in the U.S. The eAppraiseIT has named DeAnna McCann as senior vice president and chief marketing officer for the company. The Fidelity National Real Estate Solutions division of Fidelity National information...
- Mid-career shifts to teaching: Do homework first. Lawrence, Lee // Christian Science Monitor;4/7/98, Vol. 90 Issue 91, pB8
Focuses on adults considering a second career in teaching. The desire to engage in meaningful and fulfilling work; The love of children; The issue of social control in the classroom; Qualifications; Preparation including the possibility of substitute teaching for experience; Teaching web sites...
- Road less traveled. Pryor, Keith T. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p98
Talks about the author's decision to leave his executive position for a teaching job. Question asked about the author's decision; Lack of appreciation for teaching; Teaching as a challenging work.
- Banker Education Groups to Tie Knot Next Month. KREININ SOUCCAR, MIRIAM // American Banker;6/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 107, p3
Focuses on the scheduled merger of the Bank Administration Institute and the Institute of Financial Education on July 1999. Impact of the deal on the institutes' banking study programs; Phases of the consolidation.
- Back to the Superintendency. Noto, Salvatore J. // School Administrator;Jan2008, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "From Boardroom to Classroom and Back Again," by David E. Sawyer in the September 2007 issue.
- Newsroom to classroom: Making the transition work. Stone, Sara; Grigsby, Lance // Quill;Aug2000, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p26
Deals with the shift in the profession of journalists from journalism to teaching. Significant challenges to such a transition; Several programs that can make transition easier; Advantages of journalists in the teaching profession; Summer workshop for working professionals offered by the...