'Focus on length of stay, not on capping migrant numbers.'
- Rï¿½Iï¿½TE RADA MOBILNOST RADNE SNAGE I MIGRACIJE KOD PRISTUPANJA EVROPSKOJ UNIJI. Edin, Bandic // Business Consultant / Poslovni Konsultant;Sep/Nov2011, Vol. 3 Issue 13/14, p81
In the period before entry into the European Union, Bosnia and Herzegovina is expected adoption of the acquis, institutional adaptation and capacity building for implementation of the acquis communautaire, but also for future active participation in public processes. The process of accession...
- Spain closes the door. Gallagher, Cheryl // New Statesman;5/11/2009, Vol. 138 Issue 4948, p18
The article reports on a change in the immigration policies of Spain. According to the author Spain has reversed its liberal immigration practices and deports more immigrants than any other member country of the European Union. It is noted that the change in policy is a result of high...
- EU joblessness made little. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/2/2014, pA02
EU joblessness made little progress in May, declining by 28,000 but leaving the unemployment rate steady at 11.6%. Youth unemployment, at 23.3%, is only 0.6 point below a year ago.
- REGULARYZACJA STATUSU NIELEGALNYCH IMIGRANTÃ“W W UNII EUROPEJSKIEJ. Wróbel, Izabela // Przeglad Zachodni;2008, Issue 2, p181
The article introduces the Polish reader to the English concept of regularisation (Fr. rÃ©gularisation, Ger. Regularisierung), its meaning and scope in immigration law, encouraging the use of the term ''regularyzacja'' as its Polish equivalent and explaining the differences between this...
- Perspectives of Employment and Emigration in Middle Eastern and North African Countries. Glystos, Nicholas P. // European Journal of Development Research;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p209
Assesses the perspectives of employment and emigration in Middle Eastern and North African countries as of December 2002. Predictions on the flow of job creation; Prospects for economic growth and employment; Discussion on future unemployment and emigration potential.
- Labour Migration from Romania to the EU Point of Weakness in the Romanian Economy. MANEA, Ludmila Daniela; MUNTEAN, Mihaela-Carmen; NISTOR, Costel; NISTOR, Rozalia // Annals of the University Dunarea de Jos of Galati: Fascicle: XVI;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p95
The effects of the integration process on the labour market may spring, on the one hand, from the adjustments of the production factors market, produced by the free circulation of goods and, on the other hand from the workforce movement from one country to another. The mobility of workforce...
- Immigration makes, not breaks, jobs. Ruthven, Phil // BRW;3/11/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p26
Asserts that immigration enhances the employment conditions in Australia. Full employment experienced by Australia during periods of high immigration levels; Data disproving the myth that immigration causes unemployment; Benefits for the Australian economy offered by immigration.
- The Determinants of Actual Migration and the Role of Wages and Unemployment in Albania: an Empirical Analysis. Cattaneo, Cristina // European Journal of Comparative Economics;2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p3
The paper explores the determinants of internal migration in Albania, adopting the Harris-Todaro approach to migration: an internal migration function is estimated using district wage and unemployment rate differentials. The aggregate level wages and unemployment, included in the migration...
- The Professional Insertion of Immigrants Born in the Maghreb: Challenges and Impediments for Intervention. Lenoir-Achdjian, Annick; Drainville, Isabelle; Helly, Denise; Arcand, Sébastien; Vatz Laaroussi, Michèle; Mahfoudh, Amel // Journal of International Migration & Integration;Autumn2007, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p391
Emigration as a means of improving living conditions in a society is viewed positively and is rooted in the will to escape economic and political constraints that seem to present no way out. The unemployment rate has increased in recent years several immigrant groups, especially people from the...