Asia Facing Stern Tests In 2008-10
- BMI View: Asia. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p3
The article presents an outlook for the economy of Asia for August 2007. Asian currencies particularly the Indonesian rupiah, Philippine peso and Indian rupee are said to be vulnerable to further losses due to current crisis in the global credit market. It predicts that a faltering of Asian...
- Asia to continue to rise despite US fiscal cliff. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;1/5/2013, p10
The article reports that Asia will continue to rise in 2013 despite of the U.S. fiscal cliff and informs that China will open up its commodity derivatives market that would diminish the importance of London, England in coming years.
- Financial-Economic Crisis and the Asia Pacific. // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;6/29/2009, Issue 26, p1
The article discusses the impact of the global financial crisis on Japan and the Asia Pacific region. Japan's financial crisis during the early 1990s was deemed parallel with the current crisis in the U.S. It was deemed that the crisis was caused by other Asian economies' adoption of the...
- America's GDP, Economy Shrink – Again. // New American (08856540);5/25/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p7
The article presents an update on the economic performance of the U.S. in 2009. According to a report from the Commerce Department, the country's GDP fell 6.1% in the first quarter, exports shrank by 30%, and business inventories declined by more than $103 billion. Details on the status of the...
- The trade deficit conundrum. Marselli, Mark // Wire Journal International;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p6
Comments on the impact of the budget deficits on the U.S. economy. Action taken by the government to correct the overexposure of the export market to the dollar and bond market; Views of business professor Niell Ferguson on the condition of the export market; Effect of trade deficit on the...
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Reports economic developments in Southeast Asia as of November 2002. Details on the budget deficit in Malaysia; Influence of the capital outflow on Thai baht; Growth of the real gross domestic product in Indonesia; Percentage of the inflation rate in the Philippines.
- Current account and fiscal deficits: Evidence from five developing economies of Asia. Anoruo, Emmanuel; Ramchander, Sanjay // Journal of Asian Economics;Fall98, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p487
Investigates the twin deficit hypothesis in India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia and the Philippines. Use of the Granger causality test based on a vector autoregressive model to underpin the causal ordering of the deficit variables; Basic analytical views in relation to the twin-deficit nexus;...
- The wealth of nations. Buell, John // Commonweal;11/21/97, Vol. 124 Issue 20, p10
Discusses the effect of July 1997 plunge in the Asian market on the economy of the United States. Control of wealthy people on US stocks; Percentage of the corporate stocks owned by American families; Moves made to stabilize Asian currencies.
- Appendix B: Global Economic Snapshot. // Ghana Country Review;2001/2002, p54
Reports on the world's economy in 2000. Transition of the economy from a long period of United States-led growth; Favorable performance of the emerging markets in Asia; Strong expansion of the U.S. economy for the first three quarters of the year; Improvement of Latin American economic performance.