LAOS: RISK SUMMARY
- ANGOLA: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Aug2009, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
The article presents a risk summary of the political, economic and the business environment in Angola. The Human Rights Watch recommends that the government will stop unlawful detention and torture of suspected rebels within Cabinda, a territory where rebels launched a separatist campaign and...
- Oil money missing in Angola, rights group reports. // Michigan Citizen;1/8/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, pA2
The article reports on the statement from Human Rights Watch that some 34 billion dollars in oil revenues connected to Sonangol, Angola's state oil company, was missing.
- Briefly noted. // Business Insurance;10/17/94, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p82
Reports on developments regarding the business insurance industry of the United States. Includes the appointment of Joseph V. Taranto as chief executive officer of Prudential Reinsurance Co.; Appointment of Lars H. Thunell as chairman of Home Holdings Inc. and Home Insurance Co.; House Energy...
- LIMRA Index Shows CEOs Bullish On Own Companies But Wary About Industry Long Term. // Insurance Advocate;01/20/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the attitude of chief executive officers about their companies and the insurance industry in fourth quarter of 2000. Gap between company and industry measures; Views about the regulatory climate; Concerns over sales and profitability.
- CEO PRIORITIES. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p86
The article considers a survey of international chief executive officers (CEO) conducted by the accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) finding less optimism about business conditions in 2013 in CEOs in Europe than from other regions.
- Qld bosses less bullish. Chantin, Emily // BRW;8/26/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p20
The article reports on the result of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Financial Index survey commissioned by the CEO Institute's Queensland members, which showed that only 58% of the CEO have a positive outlook of the economy in July 2010 compared to 82% in the first quarter of 2010.
- One tough sale. CUERIN, EMILY // High Country News;5/27/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p7
The article focuses on Utah realtor Mike Metzger who aims to sell his personal property at Woodside, Utah. It states that the location is in limelight as it has been an ideal place for many movie shoots due to less population. It states about an advertisement published by Metzger in a local...
- A rainbow coalition. Davies, Phil // Fedgazette;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
This article reports that it's been a long, hectic summer at the Hmong American Partnership, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Hmong immigrants integrate into U.S. society. The organization was selected by the Minnesota Council of Churches, one of seven resettlement agencies active...
- Hmong Games. Xiong, Kao // Skipping Stones;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on the games of the Hmong people. Rules in a rock game; Importance of ball tossing in celebrating Hmong holidays.