Somali symbiosis, part 1: what I saw
- Primary care clinic takes a team approach. // Hospital Home Health;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p68
The article presents information about the tactics implemented by the physicians and nurses of Swedish Community Health Medical Home in Sweden to provide better medical facilities to the patients.
- The new alliances. Petitte, Karen // Modern Physician;Nov2000, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p30
Editorial. Focuses on the relationship between doctors and health systems. Examples of such alliances.
- Home sweet home. Scott, Lisa // Modern Physician;01/01/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the medical practice of several physicians who were focusing on house calls. Advantages and benefits of physician house calls; Increase in interest in house calls in the United States; Profitability of making house calls for physicians.
- STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. Beckley, Elizabeth Thompson // Modern Physician;02/26/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p14
Discusses issues on the employment and practice of medical care students and doctors in the United States as of February 26, 2001. Ruling of the National Labor Relations Board that provides medical employees with legal protection to form collective bargaining units; Findings of the American...
- Patients' Trust in Physicians: Many Theories, Few Measures, and Little Data. Pearson, Steven D.; Raeke, Lisa H. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jul2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p509
Trust is one of the central features of patient-physician relationships. Rapid changes in the health care system are feared by many to be threatening patients' trust in their physicians. Yet, despite its acknowledged importance and potential fragility, rigorous efforts to conceptualize and...
- How to woo and win the best locums. Cole, Andrew // Pulse;6/16/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 24, p39
Offers advice on medical practices for locums. Administration time; Working environment; Visiting rate.
- Physician, heal thyself. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p72
Examines the role of physicians in the health-care system in Canada. Health care as a for-profit business; Need to develop a system where medical practices will be handled like any other economic service; Adoption of practices based on clinical research and costs.
- Providers need on-hand data to offset patients' misinformation. Frabotta, David // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p33
Determines the social healthcare responsibilities of physicians. Inclusion of health plans in medical care; Collaborative relationship of physician with patients; Implementation of Kaiser Permanente clinical information system.
- Providers seize the opportunity to be agents of change for the better. Gauvreau, Emile // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p38
Studies the healthcare system's need for physicians to provide direction in a number of strategically important areas. Establishing nationally accepted standards of care; Taking a leadership role in addressing the issues facing healthcare delivery; Taking proactive steps to improve the...
- The road to wellness is a two-way street. Walker, Tracey // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the collaborative work to improve healthcare in the U.S. Physician participation in health promotion; Economic incentives for healthcare organizations; Goal towards the reduction in emergency room visits and inpatient hospitalizations.