Pharma giants to create databases on gifts to physicians
- Lilly and Merck Enjoy Improved First Quarter Sales. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;4/28/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the financial performance of pharmaceutical companies Eli Lilly and Merck in the first quarter of 2003. Recovery from slowing sales growth and productivity; Increase in underlying income; Factors that contributed to the firms' growth.
- Lilly competitor to open local office. Herbert, Emily; Ellison, Evelyn; Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/22/97, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p4
Details the plan of Merck and Co. to establish a sales office near competitor Eli Lilly and Co. in Indianapolis, Indiana. Financial data of the two companies in 1996; Implication of the move of Merck; Products of Merck that would compete with the drugs of Lilly.
- Influencing Doctors. Uretsky, Sam // Progressive Populist;10/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p15
The article discusses the issues on the credibility of the decisions made by physicians in the U.S. It notes the high regard given by politicians and insurers on physicians, however, they are still fallible and foolable. It highlights cases of pharmaceutical giants including Pfizer Inc., Eli...
- Eli Lilly, Merck to disclose payments to physicians. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Nov2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p128
The article reports that pharmaceutical companies Eli Lily & Co. and Merck have decided to disclose certain payments that they make to physicians. This information came as congressional investigation on the questional relationship between physicians and drug compnies in the U.S. was conducted by...
- Drug Firms Say They'll Take Closer Look at the Docs They Pay. Ornstein, Charles; Weber, Tracy; Kusnetz, Nicholas // Pro Publica;11/14/2010, p16
The article reports that several pharmaceutical companies of the U.S. are planning to tighten the screening of physicians who are responsible for promoting drugs unapproved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It mentions about Eli Lilly and Co. who has hired outside firms for screening its...
- CNS News Round-Up. // PharmaWatch: CNS;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p2
The article reports developments in the pharmaceutical industry. Eli Lilly's drug Permax was removed by Food and Drug Administration from the market after reports published about the negative side effects of the treatment. The development of the gaboxadol drug from Merck & Co. and Lundbeck has...
- Drugmaker, heal thyself. // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/28/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 43, p4
Reveals the factors that have kept drug-company shares under pressure in the United States. Pharmaceutical policies adopted by the government; Absence of blockbuster drugs; Investment analyses of leading drug stocks Eli Lilly & Co., Merck & Co. Inc. and Pfizer Inc.
- STOCK SCREENS. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/20/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 34, p7
Reports on buying opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry as of August 20, 2001. Decline in Dow Jones Pharmaceutical Index; Factors attributed to doubts over the prospects of the industry; Problems besetting companies including Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck and Eli Lilly.
- Drug Manufacturers Post Solid 4th Quarter Growth. MIRASOL, FELIZA // Chemical Market Reporter;02/08/99, Vol. 255 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the 1998 fourth quarter earnings of drug manufacturers in the United States. Eli Lilly and Co.; Merck and Co.; Schering-Plough Corporation; Johnson & Johnson.