Coverage Or Price? Both Are King
- Low capex-pectations. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p11
Predicts the continuous drop in the capital expenditure in the wireless sector in 2003, according to the data from Skyline Marketing Group. Status of the massive buildouts and network upgrades of wireless carriers; Projected decline in capital expenditure in 2003; Decline of the capital...
- When The Well Runs Dry. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p1
Highlights various issues on capital investments discussed at the 2001 Wireless Developers Conference in the United States. Tendency for venture capitalists to invest in the later stages of wireless development research; Decline in industrial investments in the second quarter of 2001;...
- TIA Says Growth Continues. // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the growth of the wireless communications market in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Increase in the capital expenditures; Spending on voice and data communications systems; Spending on telecommunication network equipment.
- The Wireless Internet: Ready, Set, Secure. Messina, David // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the convergence of wireless communication systems and Internet in the U.S. Information on the capital investments of telecommunication carriers; Concerns over wireless security; Implementation of VPN on wireless devices.
- Carrier Capex Grew At Year-End. // Business Communications Review;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the findings of a research suggesting that North American telecommunication service providers increased their capital expenditures by 33 percent in the fourth quarter of 2004. Capital expenditure increases for wireline and wireless services.
- Cell site economics. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the capital spending of wireless communication carriers on cell sites in the U.S. Number of cell sites in the country; Amount spent by carriers in cell sites; Cost of adding a cell site for carriers.
- Industry Sparkles in Second Quarter. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p12
Looks at the state of the wireless industry as of August 2005. Increase in the subscribers of Verizon Wireless; Factor which contributed to the decline in the quarterly profit of Cingular Wireless; Indication of the capital expenditure guidance by the wireless carriers. INSET: Carrier Spending...
- AT&T ENHANCES MINNESOTA NETWORK BROADBAND ACROSS STATE. // Networks Update;Mar2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the plans of AT&T for its wireless network in Minnesota in 2010. The company's investment plan for the year includes the addition of over 55 new cell sites and an upgrade of over 200 additional cell sites to third-generation throughout the state. The planned enhancement is...
- The Economics of Mobile Wireless Spectrum: Ownership, Distribution and Regulation. Sabat, Hemant K. // IIMB Management Review (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore;Dec2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p31
Provides information on the ownership, distribution, and regulation of mobile wireless spectrum infrastructure. Discussion on capital investments; Information on spectrum auctions; Implications of communications industry's spectrum ownership, distribution, and regulation mechanisms to stakeholders.