Kyocera Offers New Kit
- Kyocera introduces CDMA handsets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
Provides information on several code-division multiple access telephones introduced by Kyocera Wireless Corp. Features of the mobile telephones; Actions taken by the company to assure availability of the handsets; Information on a module for business applications that was released by the company.
- Kyocera Unveils Its Latest, Lightest Palm-Based Phone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p26
Introduces the 7135 trimode code division multiple access phone from Kyocera Wireless in San Diego, California. Features of the palm-based smart-phone 7135; Retail price; Comparison on the features between the 7135 phone and the QCP6035.
- Kyocera To Step Up Phone Selection, Promotion. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/22/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p40
This article reports on the Kyocera code division multiple access phones displayed at Wireless 2004 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Koi camera phone has a revolving design in which the phone swivels closed rather than folds or slides closed. It features zoom, built-in flash, instant messaging...
- CDMA enters bid for rural wireless local loops. Washburn, Brian // Telecom Asia;Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the application of code division multiple access protocol as an ideal option for the next generation of multi access rural radio telephony. Difference between mobile and fixed location telephony; Competition for major contracts.
- The Ambassador of New. Vittore, Vince // Wireless Review;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p104
Presents the views of chief operating officer Skip Speaks of the company Kyocera Wireless. Opinion on code division multiple access technology; Experience in managing people; Perception on cellular telephones.
- Wireless Knowledge, Kyocera partner on smart-phone apps. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p27
Reports on the partnership between Wireless Knowledge Inc. and Kyocera Wireless Corp. to offer mobile applications for businesses using the Kyocera QCP 6036 smart phones. Support of Wireless Knowledge for Kyocera's code division multiple access handsets.
- Kyocera sets camera phone. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
This article reports that Kyocera Wireless Corp. is positioning itself for a strong 2004 through new products, technologies and partnerships. The company is planning a number of new products early this year, including a camera-enabled phone and push-to-talk, (PTT) software support, according to...
- EV-DOing Baghdad and other tall tales. Lynch, Grahame // Wireless Asia;8/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p30
Argues that the revenues of voice telephony outweighs those of media content. Advantages of integrating code division multiple access with the global system for mobile communications; Comparison of the integrated capabilities with the global positioning system.
- CDMA victory party premature. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jul99, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p9
Contends that code division multiple access' (CDMA) fight to establish itself in the digital cellular telecommunications realm is not over contrary to the pronouncements at the fourth annual CDMA World Congress held in Hong Kong, China. Pending International Telecommunications Unions'...