The Summer Olympics? No Sweat
- Samsung unveils Olympic package. Creevy, Jennifer // Marketing Event;Mar2000, p13
Focuses on the marketing program launched by Samsung Electronics company as part of its sponsorship of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. Theme of the pavilion to be hosted by Samsung during the event; Other olympic activity planned by the company.
- Sydney 2000 Olympics: The broadcasting network. Hulse, Lawrence // World Broadcast Engineering;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p96
Focuses on telecommunications firm Telstra's plan to provide the most comprehensive communications network in Olympic Games' history. Selection of the firm as official telecommunications Supplier plus Partner to the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games; Creation of the Millennium Network; Series of...
- Telstra readies fiber network for 2000 Olympics. Pease, Robert // Lightwave;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p29
Reports that Melbourne, Victoria-based Telstra Corp. Ltd. is building a communications network that will bring the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games to people worldwide. Establishment of Telstra's Millennium Network to integrate new technology in Telstra's growing network in Australia; Focus of the...
- Wiring the Games. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jun2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p24
Reports on Australia-based Telstra's preparation to provide telecommunication services to the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Company's modification of its infrastructure plans; Telstra's provision of network services for broadcasters; Company's commission of A$50 million to the Sydney Organizing...
- A Network of Olympic Proportions. Harler, Curt // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2000, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p29
Focuses on the Millennium Network, the telecommunication network built by Telstra that will provide all the network services needed for the operation and broadcast of the 2000 Olympic Games held in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Cost of the project; Core equipment of the transmission...
- Telstra completes network for Olympics. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p45
Announces Telstra's completion of the telecommunications network for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games in New South Wales which includes capacity for thousands of mobile phones for media and officials.
- Samsung's Olympic Plunge. Griggs, Kim // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on the wireless equipment that will be provided by Samsung Electronics for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Mobile phones that will be used; Significance of the event to Samsung's business; Role of Telstra telecommunication company in the event.
- IBM, Telstra first to sponsor Olympics. Hayman, Lindsay // Australian Personal Computer;Dec95, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the joint venture between International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) and Telstra for a sponsorship of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales and the Australian Olympic team. Launching of the Team Millennium Olympic Partnership; Agreement with the Sydney Organizing...
- Wiring the Olympic Games. Tanner, John C. // America's Network;06/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p103
Offers a look at the preparations done by Telstra as the official communications infrastructure supplier for the 2000 Olympic Games to be held in Sydney, New South Wales. Challenges that the company will likely face; Types of networks that will be used; Expansion of coverage to code division...