Big Media Sues Over SMS Content
- Patent coverage lags well behind infringement suits. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;1/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the patent infringement cases filed in the United States in 1994. Number of cases filed since 1982; Stac Electronics Inc.'s case against Microsoft Corp.; State court decisions involving advertising injury clause of comprehensive general liability policies; Underwriters' offer of...
- The forgotten peril. Borelli, James T. // Editor & Publisher;12/9/95, Vol. 128 Issue 49, p12T
Reports on the consequences of trademark infringements faced by newspapers. Lanham Act; Details; Examples.
- Court overturns MDS ruling; will rehear case. // Publishers Weekly;4/15/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 16, p16
Reports that the United State Courts of Appeals has overturned an earlier finding regarding Michigan Document Services (MDS). The ruling that the service did not violate fair-use provisions in the copyright laws, when it copied materials to create college course packs; When the entire court will...
- Photocopies and copyright infringement. Geren, Gerald // Design News;7/18/94, Vol. 50 Issue 14, p96
Presents information on a case of copyright infringement in a Federal trial court in New York. Ruling; Issues addressed; Factors used by the court in determining fair use; Inconsistencies in some of the courts determinations; Recommendations.
- Pirates on the Web?: THE DOWNLOADING DEBATE. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p31
Presents information on Web site copyright infringements. INSET: You CAN Take It With You.
- MEGAUPLOAD TAKEDOWN. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p74
The article reports that the U.S. Dept. of Justice has shut down the site Megaupload over allegedly aiding copyright infringement.
- Links to sue for. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;7/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p50
Comments on the deep linking by several organizations in the U.S. Information on the deep linking of Web sites; Relationship of deep linking with copyright infringement; Overview of a deep linking case.
- Distribution right encompasses advertisement for sale of copyright works. Malovic, Nedim // Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice;Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p895
The article focuses on the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) ruling depicting that the copyright holder's distribution right can be infringed by advertising copyright-protected works for sale over a website.
- Trapping Copycats. Garza, Mariel // Reason;Dec98, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p15
Deals with the copyright infringement lawsuit filed against the freerepublic.com Web site. Allegations of the `Los Angeles Times' and `The Washington Post' newspapers; Background of the `fair use' doctrine in copyright law; Implications of the suit to Internet copyright cases.