Tracking The Next Bus
- STAY ON TARGET. Trinker, Greg // Ski;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p31
Provides information on the Magellan 750NAV vehicle navigation system with global positioning system features.
- Boulder Hops Aboard GPS Tracking. Blacksher, Steve; Foley, Tom // GPS World;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Describes the technical development, implementation and operation of HOP automated vehicle location system in Boulder, Colorado. Introduction of global positioning system on the HOP; Reasons behind public transportation system expansion; Importance of public transit to agencies and residents.
- Tracking company vehicles made easier with positioning-location system. Sonon, Pete // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/21/98, Vol. 205 Issue 16, p6
Provides an overview on the Global Positioning System/Automatic Vehicle Location (GPS/AVL) technology. Ways of tracking vehicles; Method of sending information from the vehicle to the office; Items or events that can be monitored; Cost savings from its use.
- BIG BROTHER IS RIDING WITH YOU. McCormick, John; Hirshberg, Charles // Popular Science;Oct2001, Vol. 259 Issue 4, p32
Provides information on an active throttle system implemented in Sweden which tracks vehicle location via global positioning system to prevent vehicular accidents. Information on how the system works.
- Bumper tagging. D. J. D. // World (0888157X);12/28/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p59
The article offers information on the StarChase global positioning system (GPS) projectile launching system that can be used by police departments in the U.S. to monitor the location of a fleeing vehicle through the Internet.
- Central Station Offers GPS Monitoring. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p18
Reports the decision of Alarm Monitoring Services to offer Global Positioning Satellite System (GPS) monitoring in Metarie, Louisiana. Services for vehicle location, asset tracking and personal security; Advantages of using GPS; Integration of GPS and cellular communications in performing...
- Fleetilla helps Mexus Transport Improve Security. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2004 Supplement, Vol. 30, p13
Reports on developer of fleet tracking and communications solutions, Fleetilla Inc.'s implementation of a Global Positioning System (GPS) Trailer Tracking solution for Mexus Transport of Northville, Michigan. Mexus' improvement of the manageability and security of customer cargo it transport;...
- Playing a blinder for telematics. // Engineer (00137758);11/28/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7689, p6
The article reports that General Motors Corp. in the US. has demonstrated an advanced low-cost telematics system that enables cars to precisely track the position and movement of other vehicles. The prototype vehicle-to- vehicle system employs a transponder coupled with a car's global...
- Teletrac Has Automated Fuel Tax Reporting. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/30/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Teletrac Inc. has launched its automated State Fuel Tax Report. This report further supplements the other fleet management reports currently available with Fleet- Director's eClientÂ® data collection system. Using a combination of vehicle location data provided by...