Carriers Execute Cautious Strategy
- No two ways about paging's future. Hartikainen, Jouni // Telecom Asia;Oct97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p76
Details what is needed by Asia's paging operators to combat competition from the cellular sector. What has made it difficult for paging operators to raise their profitability; Most promising way to improve the image of paging and to attract users to paging in the future; Smart networks and...
- Payne Stracey lands BT's pager task. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign;09/04/98, Issue 36, p9
States that British ad-agency Payne Stracey, was the successful bidder for BT's EasyReach pager account. Identity of others who were interested in acquiring the account; Requirements of the BT account; Comments from Maggie Kennedy of BT.
- Paging market still going strong. // Business Communications Review;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p8
No abstract available.
- Paging growth declines. Mason, Charles // America's Network;10/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p58
Cites data from the `World Paging Markets: 1998,' report of The Strategis Group, concerning the paging industry worldwide. Key factors that reduced the 1998 paging market growth rate; Factors that positively impacted the global paging industry; Equipment market figures; Market outlook.
- Motorola to sell pagers directly to resellers. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on a program launched by Motorola Inc., aimed at creating a direct link with its resellers by allowing them to fax or phone to order pagers directly from the company, promising a turn-around time of 48 hours.
- Motorola looks to demystify pagers with $15 M backing... Elkin, Tobi // Brandweek;11/17/97, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p9
Reports that Motorola is breaking two campaigns behind a Beepware paging watch and a portable answering machine dubbed Pocketalk. Description of Beepware; Official launchinng of Beepware; Motorola's effort to bring paging to the masses; Emphasis of the broadcast advertisement.
- Bringing order out of pager chaos. // Communications News;Dec96, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p42
States that administering thousands of pagers from dozens of suppliers was a problem for Eastman Kodak Company. Problem of the company about direct cost reductions; The efficient way for Kodak to evaluate and to adopt new technology; Goal of the paging committee; Kodak's immediate cost savings...
- Hail the pager-phone. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p12
Suggests the release of a combination cellular telephone and pager. Demand for both cellular phones and pagers in the late 1990s; Reasons for the failure of the numeric pager-cell phone combo introduced in the early 1990s.
- When you talk, pager listens. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;3/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p30
Reports the launching of BlackBerry pager from Research In Motion Ltd. in the U.S. Availability of the Java platform; Combination of phone and personal digital assistant; Capability of editing electronic-mail messages.