Delegates Cast Vote For Paging
- Paging the world. Adams, Eric J. // World Trade;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p34
Predicts the introduction of international paging services and new paging devices in 1996 and 1997. Reasons why paging service providers want to introduce global services; Countries served by Skytel Inc.'s direct country-to-country paging service; Companies developing personal digital...
- New pagers move beyond one-way conversation. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;8/20/96, Vol. 88 Issue 186, p14
Reports on the development of pagers that enables two-way communication. Comment by Scott Baradell, spokesman for Paging Network Inc.; Features of PageNet's VoiceNow pager; Other companies launching pagers which have similar features.
- Pagers gain popularity as technology improves. Murray, Rob // San Diego Business Journal;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p21
Reports that as the telecommunications industry develops, pagers have gained widespread popularity. How the appearance of pagers has changed; Estimated number of 2.3 million wireless data devices; Common theme of all types of wireless communications.
- Carriers and customers alike can benefit from advances. Layton, Kathleen // San Diego Business Journal;06/29/98 Supplement Internet, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p10A
Describes the innovations made on pagers. Pagers as the most widely used wireless communication devices; Data services offered by pagers; Benefits offered by pagers to the business community.
- Giving a voice to paging needs. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;06/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p6
Cites various advances in the paging technology. Voice paging right now and text-to-speech technology for e-mail retrieval over pagers; Pager-sized handset utilizing the cellular technology for voice pages; Conxus' voice paging service using Motorola's InFlexion technology.
- Hong Kong/China. // Telecom Asia;Oct97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p14
Predicts that the Asia-Pacific region will take 68 percent of the 94 million pagers used worldwide by the year 2001. Why China is considered as the world's biggest market; Some features of pagers.
- Build this POCSAG signal generator. Whitaker, Robert B. // Electronics Now;Feb98, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p42
Provides information about the Post Office Code Standard Advisory Group (POCSAG) pager-signal generator and encoding system and the procedure on how to construct it. Information about Frequency-Shift Keying or FSK, the method used for sending POCSAG signal; How to run PE.EXE, the software used...
- New net applications let you page home from a home page. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;12/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 23, p18
Reports on developments in World Wide Web access to pagers. SkyTel; Real Time Strategies (RTS); Applications; Implications; Standards and protocol; Expectations.
- Family message sender. // Popular Electronics;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p22
Features the QuickWord, a word-entry device for word-message paging from Motorola Paging Products Group. How to operate the device; Information on the different buttons of QuickWord and how it functions; Price.