Prepaid Picks Up Steam In Canada
- WHAT took so long. Tausz, Andrew // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Comments on the impact on Canada's wireless communication industry by the acquisition of Clearnet Communication Inc. by Telus Corp. Increase of market competitiveness; Capital expansion of the companies to build third-generation services; Estimates of capital costs saved by the companies. ...
- Wireless Telecommunication Services in Canada. // Wireless Telecommunication Services Industry Profile: Canada;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry in Canada. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Telus extends deadline for Microcell offer. // RCR Wireless News;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p14
Reports on the extension of the all-cash offer to purchase rival Canadian wireless carrier Microcell Telecommunications Inc. by Telus Corp. from June to July 2004. Plan of Microcell to seek alternatives in light of the Telus offer.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;5/17/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the plan of Canadian telecommunications provider Telus Corp. to make a cash takeover bid for rival Microcell Telecommunications Inc. Background of Microcell; Significance of the deal to Telus; Impact of the deal on wireless providers in Canada.
- Canadian carriers maneuver to bid for Microcell. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on the bid offered by several Canadian wireless carriers for the assets of Microcell Telecommunications Inc. Reason behind the decision of Rogers Communications to bid for Microcell's assets; Plan of Telus Corp. to acquire Microcell; Impact of Microcell's launch of City Fido services,...
- Telus/Clearnet Merger: No Precedent, But Canadian Telecom Heats Up. Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p1
Evaluates the impact of the acquisition of Clearnet Communications Inc. by Telus Corp. on the telecommunications industry in Canada.
- Telus, Clearnet team to become leading Canadian player. Smith, Hilary // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p31
Reports on Telus Corp.'s offer to acquire all the shares of Clearnet Communications Inc.
- The Key To GPRS Success. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;8/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 33, p27
Focuses on the nationwide next-generation network developed by Microcell Telecommunications plc. Availability of the General Packet Radio Services (GPRS) handsets launched by the company in April 2001; Portfolio of devices Microcell plans to offer; Fee structure plans; Key to getting customers...
- Canadian Telecom Heats Up. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;09/25/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p4
Reports on mergers in the Canadian telecommunication industry, such as Clearnet Communications Inc.'s acquisition by Telus Corp.