Web, Wireless Merge M-commerce Expertise
- Portal's content management builds business. Blankenhorn, Dana // B to B;09/25/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p24
- Wireless Wars: Broadvision, Vignette launch platforms for mobile publishing. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the introduction of platforms by Broadvision Inc. and Vignette Corp. that will automate the publishing of personalized Web content on wireless communication devices. Details of the communication server offered by Vignette; Strategies for personalizing content adopted by Broadvision.
- ShopNow.com signs deal with CellMania. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p10
Reports on CellMania.com's entry into a partnership with ShopNow.com Inc. under which ShopNow.com's customers will have access to CellMania's wireless shopping site.
- 2 more online wireless stores starting. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p2
Introduces a couple of online wireless services available in the United States market. CellMania.com's plan to launch its service in September 1999; Let's Talk Cellular & Wireless Inc.'s formation of a specialty retailer of wireless products, Let's talk.com to design, develop and operate an...
- Sprint Selects MapQuest.com to Provide Info for Wireless. // Telephone IP News;Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p5
Provides information on the partnership between MapQuest.com Inc., an information solutions provider and Sprint PCS, a wireless communication provider.
- AlterEgo, Inktomi partner for Web content delivery. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p22
Announces that AlterEgo Networks Inc. and Inktomi Corp. have formed a partnership that will deliver a service-based network infrastructure for adapting and delivering Web content to wireless devices.
- First Data partners with Aether. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p43
Reports on the partnership between First Data Corp. and Aether Systems Inc. to develop and market wireless payment products and services for mobile telephones.
- Nokia offers WAP over TETRA. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p44
Reports the collaboration between Nokia Corp. and Helsinki Energy and Tekla Corp. in introducing a wireless application protocol over TETRA services in Helsinki, Finland.
- Qualcomm Forms $500M Venture Fund. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p1
Reports the partnership between Qualcomm Inc., a wireless product developer, and Code Division Multiple Acces technology in San Diego, California. Details on the investments with smaller firms showing strategic connections with Qualcomm; Benefits of the partnership; Goal of the investment fund.