German 3G Exceeds British Bonanza
- Collusion Allegations Rock German 3G Auction. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p12
Reports that the third-generation spectrum auction in Germany was hit with collusion allegations between MobilCom AG and Debitel. Total amount of the auction bids; Carriers that are vying for the national licenses; Remarks from Vincent Kavanagh, vice president of telecommunications consulting...
- No 3G licence refund on offer for MobilCom. // Utility Week;8/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p11
Reports that German mobile operator MobilCom looks set to be thwarted in its attempts to get a part-refund on the cost of its third-generation (3G) mobile license. Percentage of refund wanted by MobilCom on its 20-year license; Event that forced MobilCom into insolvency.
- Mobilcom drops German 3G lawsuit. // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
Reports that German telecommunication company Mobilcom has dropped its legal challenge against the German telecommunication regulator regarding its third-generation license auction in 2000.
- Bids jump in German UMTS auction. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p42
Reports on the increase in bids in the German auction of Universal Mobile Telecommunications System licenses during week two with MobilCom continuing to hold the highest bid for a spectrum block.
- MobilCom agreement hits roadblock. // RCR Wireless News;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the delay of the bailout package for MobilCom. Information on the package; Reason of the German government for rejecting the package; Wireless licenses held by MobilCom.
- 3G Bidders Get The Jitters. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p12
No abstract available.
- Show OFTA the money. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Aug2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the 3G licensure of telecommunication operators in Hong Kong, China. Impact of auction rules on telecommunication companies; Overview of the auction rules; Concerns expressed by executives on the secrecy provisions of bidding process.
- Portugal UMTS contenders line up. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p57
Informs on the companies submitting proposals for one of four UMTS telecommunication licenses to be awarded later in 2000 in Portugal.
- Debitel attracts interest from suitors. // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p35
Focuses on telecommunication firms that are interested in purchasing stocks from Germany-based Debitel AG.