Bring On The Chips
- Chip market may be on rebound. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p18
Discusses the possibility of the chips industry to recover its business. Significance of the acquisition of DSP Communications by Intel; Discussion on the wireless communication industry; Information on the integrated circuit markets.
- Where's my Wi-Fi? Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the adoption of wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) networks as of April 2003. Locations where the technology is being installed; Devices where Wi-Fi chips are installed; Expected growth on the use of the network.
- SOC Advances Redefine the Wireless Landscape. Helton, Greg // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p41
Deals with the impact of system-on-chip advances on the dynamics of the wireless communications industry. Increased use of validated and reusable Internet Protocol cores; Integrated analog functions; Support for product differentiation.
- The Buzz On ZigBee. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p20
Presents a forecast for 802.15.4 personal area networking technology and ZigBee Alliance in the U.S., as of December 2003. Function of the ZigBee specification; Estimated annual shipment of the 802/ZigBee chipset shipment; Decline in the sales prices of the chipset.
- SiGe Comes of Age for Next-Generation Wireless Applications. Loraine, Jerry; Kovacic, Steve // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p30
Discusses the popularity of silicon germanium integrated circuits in wireless communication technology. Capabilities of the material; Advantages; Typical applications.
- The Smaller, The Better. Worthman, Ernest // Wireless Design & Development;Mar2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the importance of nanotechnology to the wireless communications industry. Reason behind the delay in development of nanotechnology in telecommunication; Benefits of using carbon nanotubes in chipmaking technology; Federal agencies in the U.S. that are involved in nanotechnology research.
- Radiata announces IEEE 802.11a-based WLAN products. // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on Radiata Inc.'s introduction of a chipset that enables the creation of high-performance, low-cost wireless networking products for the home and enterprise environments. Combination of a baseband modem and a radio transceiver; Improvement over wireless local-area network solutions.
- Revenue for IEEE 802.1 5.4 IC Market to Grow to Over $1.1B. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p61
The article looks at predictions that the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 802.15.4 integrated circuit (IC) protocol will dominate the wireless technology market at revenues of 1.1 billion dollars by 2016.
- Wibree -- wireless PAN with long battery life. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Jan2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the availability of Chips for Wibree, the short-range wireless data link that Nokia proposes, in sample volumes as soon as late quarter 2007. Wibree is intended to bring standardized wireless communications to a particular niche and range of products where wireless...