eieiHome.com To Acquire TWSX
- Global ambition, lucrative spinoffs dominate telecom deals. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/28/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p28
Reports consolidation of companies in telecommunication industry as February 2000. Profitability of telecommunications in the stock market; Creation of wireless currency through spin-off activities of companies; Factors influencing consolidation in the industry.
- Telecom Mergers Boom as the Race To Consolidate, Innovate Continues. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p22
Reports the growth of telecommunications mergers in the United States in 1999. Total transaction volume on announced deals in the media and telecommunication bankers; Demand in the competitive local service providers; Impact of the increased stock market on the telecommunications issuance.
- M&A in a bear market. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;05/01/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 18, p72
Examines the effect of the stock market on corporate mergers and acquisitions activities in the United States telecommunication sector. Terms under the buyout deal of Internet service provider Voyager.net; Focus of private entities. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Timing Out. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p5
Deals with the business changes facing the Sprint-WorldCom merger deal in the United States. Competition concerns of lobbying and consumer groups; Performance of the stock market; Rate of home construction by May 2000.
- Cable sector stocks rebounding. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;07/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p15
Reports on the upgrading of cable stocks it tracks on upbeat prospects for the merger between AT&T Corporation and TCI Communications, by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, the week of July 13, 1998. Twelve-month price targets set different companies; Second quarter earnings reported by Time Warner;...
- Risky business. Blau, Robert T. // America's Network;12/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 24, p72
Discusses the acquisition of MCI by WorldCom and the stock market's response in networking business. Reasons why the acquisition is interesting; Illustration of the value of the Internet to the United States computer company stocks particularly in 1994 when World Wide Web began; Highlights of...
- Broadband merger canceled. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p7
Announces the termination of Western Multiplex Corp.'s planned acquisition of Adaptive Broadband Corp. citing the decline in the stock market in the United States.
- Content Stocks Slide Further, Ops Inch Up. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/12/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p24
The article focuses on stock market of U.S. content providers for 2015. Topics discussed include decline in the content stocks of providers Viacom and Discovery Communications, reduction in the prices of content packages by Walt Disney Co., loss in the market capitalization of cable...
- Star struck on the World Wide Web. Eddy, Andy // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p28
Focuses on the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX), a Web-based stock market simulator which trades on the box-office receipts of films and the influence of movie actors. Details on the Informix database which HSX relies on; Features of HSX; Information on the Web site.