NTT/Verio OK Provides HInts For VoiceStream
- Watching the detectives. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;07/24/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p8
Reports that a bid by NTT Communications for Verio raised Carnivore, an Internet wiretapping application used by United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for e-mail surveillance of American Internet communications. Capabilities of Carnivore; Concern expressed by FBI regarding the...
- VERIO ADDS REPORTING SOFTWARE TO HOSTING SERVICES. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Nov2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the deal between Verio Inc., the world's largest Web hosting company and owned by NTT Communications Corp. and Quantified Systems, leading provider for web traffic reporting software based in San Diego, California. Proposal to offer Urchin 3 Web traffic and electronic-commerce...
- NTT, Verio approved. // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p5
Presents the plan of NTT Communications Corp. for the purchase of Internet service provider Verio Inc.
- WHO ARE THESE GUYS, ANYWAY? Jackson, Donny; McElligott, Tim; Vittore, Vince // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Verio, a Web hosting company, by NTT Communications. Cost of the acquisition; Factor that led Verio to accept the deal offered by NTT; Reactions of the industry to NTT's entry into the United States Internet telephony market; Information on NTT Communications.
- ASIA-PACIFIC MARKETS. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p9
Reports that NTT Communication Corp. will finance the cash acquisition of Verio Inc. through a short-term borrowing. Information on the merger agreement; Background of both companies; Arrangers of the deal.
- Welcome to America-almost... Quinton, Brian // Telephony;08/21/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 8, p10
Reports that the proposed purchase of Web host Verio by a division of NTT of Japan, which is awaiting approval, may ease the foreign acquisitions of United States (U.S.) Internet companies. Telecommunication law of the U.S.; Result of a review by the Committee on Foreign Investment; Concerns...
- WHISPERS. // Inter@ctive Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p92
Presents news updates on Internet service providers (ISP) as of May 8, 2000. ISPs in Russia blocked by America Online Inc. from accessing its network; Competition between AboveNet and UUnet; Expansion of Verio and NTT Communications in Japan.
- Justin Jaschke. // Interactive Week;4/2/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p55
Interviews Justin Jaschke, chief executive officer of the Verio, a data communications and Web hosting company. Competitors of the company; Changes in Web-hosting market; Status of Verio's relationship with NTT, the Japanese telecommunications carrier that acquired the company in 2000.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;09/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p20
Presents news briefs on computer-related issues in the United States as of September 2000. Acquisition of Verio by NTT Communications; Terms of the acquisition deal signed by Alteon WebSystems with Bluetail company; Resignation of Larry Hollatz as chief of Advanced Micro Devices Inc.