Feature Film: Nextel, Southern Battle For 800 MHz Spectrum
- Bids reach $13 billion, pool of bidders dwindles. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the amount of bids and the number of bidders for the United States Federal Communications Commission's re-auction of 422 personal communications services licenses.
- EWA AWARDED LICENSE-MANAGEMENT CONTRACT. // Urgent Communications;Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA) has been awarded with a three-year contract to provide the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) license management, application preparation, and frequency coordination. After completing the formal competitive bidding...
- Google Wireless? Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/31/2008, p2
The article reports on speculations that Google has made the $4.7 billion bid for a swath of the public airwaves, the so-called C Block being auctioned by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC has required the entity which will hold the C Block license to build an "open"...
- FCC stalls on LMDS auction. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plans to delay the local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) auction until February 18, 1998. Expected reaction of major bidders; FCC's reason for the decision; Bidders' concerns over the effects of publicizing their intentions on...
- FCC Issues New Schedule After 700 MHz Auction Cancellation. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the schedule issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for portions of the 700 megahertz spectrum and for companies that had sent in money for the cancelled auction. Implication of the spectrum's auction cancellation for FCC; Bidders eligible for the 700 megahertz...
- 700 MHz sale postponed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction of commercial licenses in the 700 MHz band, while proceeding with plans to auction licenses for guard-band managers and proposing service rules for public-safety uses on the same band.
- FCC approves ULS rules. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules implementing the universal licensing system. Dismissal of 50,000 multiple address system applications; Comments from FCC Chairman Bill Kennard; Proposal by the FCC to redesignate portions of the 18 GHz...
- Lawsuit could delay next PCS auction. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/6/95, Vol. 228 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the delay in the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) entrepreneurs' block auction for personal communication services licenses as the FCC and prospective bidders waited for court action on a lawsuit alleging that the auction is unconstitutional. Details of the planned...
- 746-806 MHz Auction In Motion. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on a report submitted by the United States Federal Communications Commission that sets forth a timetable for the year 2000 auction of licenses. Megahertz range covered by the licenses.