Feature Film: Nextel, Southern Battle For 800 MHz Spectrum
- EWA AWARDED LICENSE-MANAGEMENT CONTRACT. // Urgent Communications;Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA) has been awarded with a three-year contract to provide the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) license management, application preparation, and frequency coordination. After completing the formal competitive bidding...
- Bids reach $13 billion, pool of bidders dwindles. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the amount of bids and the number of bidders for the United States Federal Communications Commission's re-auction of 422 personal communications services licenses.
- Google Wireless? Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/31/2008, p2
The article reports on speculations that Google has made the $4.7 billion bid for a swath of the public airwaves, the so-called C Block being auctioned by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC has required the entity which will hold the C Block license to build an "open"...
- FCC stalls on LMDS auction. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plans to delay the local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) auction until February 18, 1998. Expected reaction of major bidders; FCC's reason for the decision; Bidders' concerns over the effects of publicizing their intentions on...
- FCC Issues New Schedule After 700 MHz Auction Cancellation. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the schedule issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for portions of the 700 megahertz spectrum and for companies that had sent in money for the cancelled auction. Implication of the spectrum's auction cancellation for FCC; Bidders eligible for the 700 megahertz...
- PCS auction shatters record. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's auction for personal communications services (PCS) licenses. Money raised in the government auction; Proposal for alternative uses for the money raised; Partnership formed between bidders.
- 700 MHz sale postponed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction of commercial licenses in the 700 MHz band, while proceeding with plans to auction licenses for guard-band managers and proposing service rules for public-safety uses on the same band.
- FCC adopts date, rules for 220MHz service. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rescheduling of the auction date for the 220MHz-222MHz licenses. Issuance of the Memorandum of Opinion and Order on Reconsideration; Comment by Alan Shark, president of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.
- FCC clarifies ULS forms. // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has clarified that paging carriers cannot use Form 900 when electronically renewing their licenses through the Universal Licensing System (ULS). Forms that should be used when renewing through ULS; Information on Form 900; Details...