Wireless Internet On The Fly
- Live TV, Web service launched into flight. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the launching of a live television and Web service for airlines by In Flight Network LLC, a joint venture between News Corp. and Rockwell Collins. Timetable for global deployment of the system; Advancements in wireless communications that will enable airline passengers to have...
- AT&T offers in-flight promotion. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p38
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services' announcement of free-charge incoming calls to passengers of Alaska, American, Canadian, Northwest and Southwest airlines who make or receive during any single month, five inflight calls via AT&T's incoming call service.
- What's Up? Keefe, Seu O. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on wireless communications technologies and applications in reference to the March 2004 issue of the "Telecommunications Americas". Increase in wireless operator revenue; Emergence of wireless local number portability in the U.S.; Increased interest of wireless operators in acquiring...
- AT&TW stake in Dobson shrinks to 4%. // RCR Wireless News;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p4
Reports the stock devaluation of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in Dobson Communications Corp. in September 2003.
- AT&T Wireless answers LNP inquiry. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p4
Focuses on a report filed by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) outlining the troubles the carrier has encountered with the local number portability (LNP) mandate. Factor which prompted the FCC inquiry; Causes of the difficulties faced by AT&T...
- AT&T Wireless offers glimpse into nationwide EDGE. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p18
Reports on the plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to launch its EDGE services nationwide by the end of 2003. Statement issued by Liz Makofsky, senior product manager at AT&T; Significance of the enhanced data-rates for GSM evolution services to the company; Involvement of Lucent Technologies...
- Angel's Wings Clipped, But Not Grounded. // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p18
Presents information on the Project Angel wireless local loop system initiated by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the 1990s.
- As data starts to drip revenues, carriers need to address challenges. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p6
Reports on assertions of Jim Grams of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. regarding the revenue share of wireless data services in the U.S. carrier earnings by 2007. Advancement in technology accomplished by the wireless data industry; Advantage of using the Internet over multimedia messaging system;...
- AT&T deploys wireline/wireless combo. // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p7
Reports on the launching of AT&T One program from AT&T Wireless Services Inc., that allows customers to combine their wireline and wireless calling services. Target market area for the program; Cost of using the program; Other competitors of AT&T offering the same program.