August Heats Up For Verizon
- Verizon strike hampers rivals, too. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p3
Reports that the strike by workers at Verizon Communications is disrupting the operations of many other telecommunication companies in the United States. Creation of a backlog for orders of fiber-optic and copper lines and other services; Impact of the strike on the expansion plans of...
- Verizon technicians' strike ends, for now. Brown, Jenny // Green Left Weekly;8/31/2011, Issue 893, Special section p20
The article reports that the 15-day strike staged by 45,000 workers of Verizon Communications Inc. in the U.S. ended and the employees returned to work on August 23, 2011 after obtaining an agreement to bargain.
- Verizon Employees in New England Vote to Strike. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;7/23/2015, p6
The article reports that employees of wireless telecommunications company Verizon in Massachusetts and Rhode Island have voted in favor of a strike in the event that union negotiators determine one is necessary after the expiration of contract on August 1, 2015.
- Employees may strike on Verizon Wireless union issue. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the issue of whether Verizon Wireless employees can join a union, which was seen as a key topic that may have led to a strike by Verizon Communications employees in the United States as of midnight August 6, 2000.
- Labor talks are hung up over phone-industry future. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;8/11/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 183, p2
Reports on strikes by Verizon employees. Verizon, which was formed by a merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE in the United States; Demands of the employees which include that employees in the wireless division be allowed to unionize; Striking unions which include the Communications Workers of...
- Strike issues largely settled at other firms. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p3
Reports on developments concerning strikes and labor unions in United States telecommunications firms including Verizon Communications.
- LABOR IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY. // eWeek;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p50
Editorial. Comments on the role of labor in a digital economy. Strike by workers of Verizon in the United States; Search for assurance that labor will be treated with dignity as a valuable resource; Sources of competitive advantage.
- Verizon technicians' strike ends, for now. Brown, Jenny // Green Left Weekly;9/7/2011, Issue 894, p20
The article reports that 45,000 employees of Verizon Communications Inc., the U.S.-based telecommunications company, ended their protest and resumed to work after getting an agreement from their employer.
- benefit news.com CONNECT. // Employee Benefit News;09/15/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p7
Presents update on issues related to employee benefits in the United States as of September 15, 2000. Strike resolution at Verizon Communications; Evaluation of RU-486, a method for termination of early pregnancy by the Food and Drug Administration; Potential role of MetLife's entry into the...