Needle track seeding following biopsy of liver lesions in the diagnosis of hepatocellular cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Percutaneous ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of portal vein thrombi as a diagnostic and staging technique for hepatocellular carcinoma. Rammohan, Ashwin; Jeswanth, S.; Sukumar, R.; Anand, L.; Kumar, P.; Srinivasan, U.; Ravi, R.; Ravichandran, P. // Abdominal Imaging;Oct2013, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1057
Background: Detection of portal vein tumor invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is important in determining therapy and prognosis. Patients with portal vein thrombus (PVT) due to tumor are considered to have advanced disease and are only offered palliative therapy. Therefore, every...
- Metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma presenting as gynecomastia in male: A diagnostic dilemma in fine needle aspiration cytology. Nasit, Jitendra G.; Shah, Birwa; Shah, Manoj // CytoJournal;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Potential Role of Circulating microRNA-21 for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Diagnosis: A Meta-Analysis. Liao, Qibin; Han, Peiyu; Huang, Yue; Wu, Zhitong; Chen, Qing; Li, Shanshan; Ye, Jufeng; Wu, Xianbo // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Background: Circulating microRNA-21 (miR-21) is known to be aberrantly expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients, and this implies that microRNA-21 is a promising and novel indicator of HCC. However, a systematic evaluation of the performance of microRNA-21 as a diagnostic marker for...
- Risk of bladder cancer in renal transplant recipients: a meta-analysis. Yan, L; Chen, P; Chen, E-Z; Gu, A; Jiang, Z-Y // British Journal of Cancer;4/1/2014, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p1871
Background:Renal transplantation has been associated with a significantly increased risk of developing cancers during long-term follow-up, but for bladder cancer, this risk is less clear. We therefore performed a meta-analysis to determine whether bladder cancer risk in renal transplant...
- Clinical value of circulating liver cancer cells for the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma: A meta-analysis. TAO JIN; HAO PENG; HONGYAN WU // Biomedical Reports;2013, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p731
This meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the clinical value of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) for liver tumor size, clinical stage and metastasis. The clinical studies on CTCs and liver cancer were electronically and manually retrieved and Review Manager 5.1 software was used to evaluate the...
- Retraction Note to: Role of RASSF1A promoter methylation in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis of 21 cohort studies. Li, Yong-Shuang; Xie, Qiang; Yang, Da-Ye; Zheng, Yuan // Molecular Biology Reports;Oct2015, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p1453
A retraction to the article "Role of RASSF1A promoter methylation in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis of 21 cohort studies" that was published in the 2014 issue is presented.
- Obesity Increases DGF Risk. // Renal & Urology News;Jul2014, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the study by Gabriela C. Souza and colleagues which shows the correlation of obesity and the increase risk of delayed graft function (DGF).
- Antigen testing best to detect histoplasmosis after transplant. // Infectious Disease News;Dec2013, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p36
The article reports that the risk for histoplasmosis is highest during the first year after solid organ transplant, according to a study by University of Michigan researcher Daniel Kaul and colleagues, published in a 2013 issue of the "Clinical Infectious Diseases" journal.
- Graft Survival in Elderly Equal to That of Younger Patients. Doyle, S.E.; Matas, A.J.; Gillingham, K. // Kidney;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p265
Deals with a study that evaluated the graft and patient survival in older first-time renal transplant recipients and identified the pretransplant risk factors that predict clinical outcome. Methodology; Results; Conclusion.