- Intraoperative photoplethysmographic diagnosis of... Garcia-Granero, Eduardo; Alos, Rafael // American Surgeon;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p765
States that Ischemic Colitis (IC) continues to be an important clinical problem due to its high mortality despite advances in diagnostic procedure. Methods applied in the prediction or intraoperative evaluation of IC; Materials and methods used; Results of the study.
- Transient ischemic colitis in young adults. Newell, Astrid M.; Deckert, James J. // American Family Physician;9/15/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p1103
Discusses transient ischemic colitis disease occurring in young adults. Background information on the disease; Pathophysiology of the disease; Management and prognosis.
- Chronic Ischaemic Colitis in a 48 Year Old Man: An Unusual Presentation. Lau, Kimberley; Oommen, Chitakattil // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jun2013 Supplement, Vol. 75, p62
Ischaemic colitis typically presents with an acute abdominal pain and distension with bloody diarrhoea. However, this can vary and the condition is frequently missed or misdiagnosed, especially if the patient presents with chronic symptoms. Herein, we report a case of chronic presentation of...
- Ischemic colitis on the rise. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;3/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p86
Discusses the etiology and risk factors of ischemic colitis. Diminished arterial perfusion of the colonic mucosa; Precipitating factors include heart failure, shock and mesenteric vascular atherosclerosis; Surgical interventions.
- Sumatriptan. // Reactions Weekly;3/20/2010, Issue 1293, p45
The article describes the case of ischemic colitis related to sumatriptan overuse in a 35-year-old woman.
- Bisacodyl. // Reactions Weekly;5/8/2010, Issue 1300, p12
The article describes the case of a 64-year-old man who developed ischaemic colitis after receiving bisacodyl for bowel preparation.
- Ichaemic colitis as a complication of colonoscopy. Wheeldon, Nigel M.; Grundman, Michael J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/10/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6760, p1080
Examines the complications of colonoscopy. Case report of a woman with dyspepsia and loose motions; Conduction of a clinical trial to the woman; Diagnosis of an ischemic colitis in the women.
- Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Current Review. Sadovsky, Richard; Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;9/1/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p853
Presents an abstract of the study `Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke,' by C. Lewandowski and W. Barsan which appeared in the February 2001 issue of the `Annals of Emergency Medicine.'
- A diagnostic score for ischemic colitis in the elderly. Mosele, M.; Meral, I. E.; Cardin, F.; De Carlo, P.; Fratta, S.; Perissinotto, E.; Terranova, C.; Manzato, E. // BMC Geriatrics;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 10, pA18
An abstract of the article "A Diagnostic Score for Ischemic Colitis in the Elderly," by M. Mosele and colleagues is presented.