A male patient with ileitis and a calcifying small bowel lesion
- Hybrid Treatment of Celiac Artery Compression (Median Arcuate Ligament) Syndrome. Palmer, Owen; Tedesco, Maureen; Casey, Kevin; Lee, Jason; Poultsides, George // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Jul2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p1782
No abstract available.
- Appendicitis Following Virtual Colonoscopy: a Case Report. Bildzukewicz, Nikolai; Weinstein, Michael // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Dec2012, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p2291
No abstract available.
- Vasovagal reactions in CT colonography. Neri, Emanuele; Caramella, Davide; Vannozzi, Francesca; Turini, Francesca; Cerri, Francesca; Bartolozzi, Carlo // Abdominal Imaging;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p552
We describe the occurrence of vasovagal reaction in two patients who underwent CT colonography (CTC). The patients, asymptomatic, were submitted to CTC in one case after right colectomy and in one case for screening purposes. The vasovagal symptoms occurred after pneumocolon and acquisition in...
- Vasculitic appendicitis. Richards, T.; Strabac, M.; Ludeman, L. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep2004, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p439
The article presents the medical history of a man aged 41 who has vasculitic appendicitis. The man reported lower abdominal pain and nausea. He was also found to have acute perforated appendicitis with pelvic sepsis. He underwent an operation. In the sixth postoperative day, he became anorexic...
- CT colonoscopy in inflammatory bowel disease. Carrascosa, Patricia; Castiglioni, Roberto; Capuñay, Carlos; López, Elba Martín; Carrascosa, Jorge // Abdominal Imaging;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p596
Virtual colonoscopy is used worldwide for the detection of colon polyps, but this technique has not been used much for the evaluation of inflammatory bowel diseases. The advent of multidetector-computed tomography and the use of high quality 3D and virtual images opened up the opportunity to...
- External Compression of the Superior Mesenteric Artery by the Median Arcuate Ligament. Stein, Jeffrey J.; Costanza, Michael J.; Rivero, Mariel; Gahtan, Vivian; Amankwah, Kwame S. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Aug2011, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p565
The median arcuate ligament can compress the proximal portion of the celiac artery causing symptoms of chronic mesenteric ischemia. This rare condition typically affects young women and often poses a diagnostic challenge. Compression of the superior mesenteric artery (SMA) in addition to the...
- The who and why of CT colonography: indications and referral patterns. Shukla, Nilesh B; Rajapaksa, Roshini; Macari, Michael; Michaels, Linda; Bini, Edmund J // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS123
An abstract of the article "The Who and Why of CT Colonography: Indications and Referral Patterns," by Nilesh B. Shukla, Roshini Rajapaksa, Michael Macari, Linda Michaels, and Edmund J. Bini is presented.
- Prevalence of extracolonic findings at virtual colonoscopy. Pineau, Benoit C; Manus, Sandi; Phillips, Kim; Chen, G John; Mikulaninec, Claudia; Han, James P; Vining, David J // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS117
An abstract of the article "Prevalence of Extracolonic Findings at Virtual Colonoscopy," by Benoit C. Pineau, Sandi Manus, Kim Phillips, G. John Chen, Claudia Mikulaninec, James P. Han, and David J. Vining is presented.
- Calcifications in the Upper Abdomen. MCCONAGHY, JOHN R.; KANKANKALA, RAMANA REDDY // American Family Physician;7/1/2011, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p92
The article reports on the case of a woman with pancreatitis, an inflammatory disease characterized by progressive fibrosis of the pancreas resulting in a loss of its exocrine and endocrine functions. Emergency room findings reveal that the patient suffered from nausea, vomiting and intermittent...