Non-cirrhotic intrahepatic portal hypertension
- Free Online Learning Tutoring Platforms/Open Source Whiteboards/Webinar Platforms. Smith Nash, Susan // Distance Education Report;11/1/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that instead of expensive personalized tutoring, individual instructors can set up online tutoring and teach students directly.
- Fayetteville Free Library expands programming, services. Talbot, Brandon // Business Journal (Central New York);3/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p31
The article reports on the launch of the online tutoring service of Fayetteville Free Library in Fayetteville, New York. The program named Tutor.com, allows student with membership from the library access to the service. Susan Considine, executive director of the library, states that the program...
- ORGANON ï¿½ The Web Tutor for Basic Logic Courses. Dost�lov�, Ludmila; Lang, Jaroslav // Logic Journal of the IGPL;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p305
We would like to introduce the web tutor ORGANON, which aims to support basic logic courses at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (Czech Republic). The application was designed to fulfill two requirements. Firstly, it should help students during their study to practice exercises on their...
- Pandora: A Reasoning Toolbox using Natural Deduction Style. Broda, Krysia; Ma, Jiefei; Sinnadurai, Gabrielle; Summers, Alexander // Logic Journal of the IGPL;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p293
Pandora is a tool for supporting the learning of first order natural deduction. It includes a help window, an interactive context sensitive tutorial known as the ï¿½e-tutorï¿½ and facilities to save, reload and export to LATEX. Every attempt to apply a natural deduction rule is met with...
- Does your online program offer access to in-person tutors? // Distance Education Report;11/15/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p3
The article provides information on the result of the survey regarding the significance of online education program to the in-person teachers.
- TeachMeOnWeb.com Offers Free Online Math Tutoring. // India -- West;5/7/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 24, pA28
The article offers information on the free online personalized math tutoring offered by TeachMeOnWeb.com.
- Look-Alike Tutors Can Enhance Online Training. ASH, KATIE // Education Week;3/9/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p5
The article discusses "Similarity Effects in Online Training: Effects With Computerized Trainer Agents," a report by researchers at North Carolina State University regarding ways in which students became more engaged in online learning when virtual tutors shared a similar race and gender with...
- Developing Tutorials for several Institutional Partners: a real challenge! Belzile, Brigitte // Canadian Journal of Learning & Technology;Fall2015, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p1
This case describes the two-year development of a set of interactive tutorials for students and faculty at a number of community colleges and one university in order to target information literacy skills among their students, primarily searching for and evaluating information found online. The...
- Online Math Tutoring -- Discussion of Current Offerings. Berniker, Isaac // New York State Mathematics Teachers' Journal;2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p56
Isaac Berniker is a former middle school and current high school math teacher at American Indian Public Charter School of Oakland, California. He previously worked as a face-to-face tutor for Sylvan Learning Centers, and he currently works part-time with Hotmath.com, an online tutoring company....