Subdividing functional dyspepsia: a paradigm shift?
- Obesity is Associated with Increased Risk of Gastrointestinal Symptoms: A Population-Based Study. Delgado-Aros, Silvia; Locke, G. Richard; Camilleri, Michael; Talley, Nicholas J.; Fett, Sara; Zinsmeister, Alan R.; Melton, L. Joseph // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2004, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p1801
OBJECTIVES: Perception of sensations arising from the gastrointestinal tract may be diminished in obese subjects and thus facilitate overeating. Alternatively, excess food intake may cause gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms in obese patients. We evaluated the relationship between body mass index...
- Acknowledgment of 2012 Reviewers. // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Mar2013, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p583
No abstract available.
- Risk Factors for Erosive Esophagitis: A Multivariate Analysis Based on the ProGERD Study Initiative. Labenz, Joachim; Jaspersen, Daniel; Kulig, Michael; Leodolter, Andreas; Lind, Tore; Meyer-Sabellek, Wolfgang; Stolte, Manfred; Vieth, Micheal; Willich, Stefan; Malfertheiner, Peter // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2004, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p1652
OBJECTIVES: Gastroesophageal reflux disease can be divided into three categories: nonerosive GERD (NERD), erosive GERD (ERD), and BarrettÂ´s esophagus. A shift among these categories rarely occurs. The aim of the present study was to elucidate potential patient-associated risk factors...
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Stark, Stanley; Rosenblum, Louis A.; Schwartz, Saul A.; Riese, Jacob A.; Brown, J. Edward; Cane, Walter; Lehman, Ernest; Cohen, Theodore // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1961, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p659
Presents several abstracts of research papers related to gastroenterology. "Fiver Duodenal Ulcers in a Sibship," by T. H. Almond; "Hereditary Hemorrahagic Telangiectasia," by Chalmers H. Davidson; "Congenital Duodenal Atresia and Stenosis," by D. R. Smith; "Functional Disorders of the Mouth and...
- Mutualistic Fermentative Digestion in the Gastrointestinal Tract: Diversity and Evolution. Mackie, Roderick I. // Integrative & Comparative Biology;Apr2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p319
Discusses mutualistic fermentative digestion in the gastrointestinal tract. Types of animal-microbe relationship; Evolution of mutualistic fermentative digestion; Physiology of the digestive tract of vertebrate herbivores.
- What is a normal bowel movement? // Wellness Options;2006, Issue 26, p18
The article focuses on bowel movements in human beings. It describes what bowel movements are, how often they should occur and what normal bowel movements should look like. The article also discusses abnormalities which can be seen in bowel movements and their causes. Bowel movement disposal...
- IS MANOMETRY USEFUL IN DYSPEPSIA? Noor, N.; Campbell, F. C. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1999, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p3
Comments on a study which investigated the usefulness of manometry in diagnosing dyspepsia. Symptoms of dyspepsia; Differences in assessments of gastrointestinal contraction patterns between patients and healthy volunteers; Role of gastrointestinal dysmotility in dyspepsia.
- The Last Page. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1979, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p117
Presents a quiz on gastroenterology.
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Bernstein, Abraham; Brown, J. Edward; DePrizio, Carl J.; Stanton, Arnold; Deutsch, Irvin; Joseph, Hans J.; Gilbert, Samuel M.; Riese, Jacob A.; Eichhorn, Ralph D.; Farfel, Bernard; Eisenstadt, H. B.; Cane, Walter; Immerman, Samuel L.; Susinno, A. M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1960, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p191
Presents abstracts of several studies on gastroenterology. "X-Ray Diagnosis of Diseases of the Esophagus," by C. Allen Good; "The Pathogenesis of Peptic Ulcer," by Lester R. Dragstedt; "Malignant Stomal Obstruction Following Subtotal Gastric Resection," by Gordon F. Madding.