Future for trucks remains bright
- MOTOR VEHICLES & PARTS. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Transportation Equipment;2003 2nd Quarter, p89
The article presents quarterly and annual tabular data about Motor Vehicles & Parts industry in the U.S. Upon the trends of last 6 quarters (2002Q1-2003Q2) for revenue and price, input costs and gross operating profits, the forecast for the same has been done for next 6 quarters (2003Q3-2004Q4)....
- Automotive crash: Forecasters see huge drop in auto build for second half. Snyder, Jesse // Rubber & Plastics News;8/11/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p22
The article presents the opinion of several consulting firms on the future of automotive industry of the U.S. Consulting firm CSM Worldwide Inc. forecasts industry wide second-half output of 6.39 million units in North America in 2008, 11.4% lower than the same period a year earlier. Global...
- Retail Trade and Wholesale Trade. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Retail, Wholesale Trade;2003 1st Quarter, p123
This article presents an overview of the U.S. retail, wholesale trade, as of January 1, 2003. The outlook for retail sales during 2003 is pessimistic. Global Insight Inc. projects a 3.5% increase in retail and food service sales during the year, maintaining the growth rate of the previous two...
- NEW STUDY: LONE STAR STATE LEADS NATION IN OIL AND GAS JOB CREATION. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;1/4/2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on a study released by IHS Global Insight Inc. related to the financial support of Texas towards the U.S. jobs which are associated with oil and gas development.
- China Becomes The World's Leading Manufacturer. Clouse, Thomas // Global Finance;Apr2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that China has become the world's largest manufacturer in 2010, outperforming the U.S. in global production, according to IHS Global Insight Inc.
- CAVEAT EMPTOR: USED IS BETTER. // Commercial Motor;6/17/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5084, p10
Focuses on the truck industry in Europe, as of June 2004. Increase in the demand for trucks; Impact of the improvement in truck market on manufacturers; Effect of the Working Time Directive on drivers.
- Don't be snowed by studies. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
The article informs that a study by consulting firm IHS Global Insight has found that the storm had caused economic loss of about 251 million dollar a day in the U.S.
- Hitting the road for the holidays. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;12/20/2012, p3
The article reports that 93.3 million Americans expected to hit the road during the 2012 holiday season according to the AAA and economic forecasting and research by IHS Global Insight.
- Recovery next year. // International Construction;Jun2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the construction outlook report of IHS Global Insight Inc. which reveals an approximate +5% growth in the global construction industry in 2011.