Drive a Volvo truck? Send a child to college
- Scholarships: Need or merit? Grossman, Herschel // CATO Journal;Winter95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p519
Examines the policy of basing undergraduate financial aid only on the basis of need. Annual meeting called Overlap among Ivy colleges and MIT; Practice of need-blind undergraduate admissions; Depression of net tuition revenues with the actual composition of enrollments; Prohibition of merit...
- Scholarships help maintain qualified staff. Dalmstrom, Carl // Las Vegas Business Press;5/5/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p5
Suggests some options which corporations, small businesses and other private sectors entities that want to contribute to an educated work force can select for supporting scholarship programs. Consideration of providing financial backing to one of several national scholarship programs;...
- California expands scholarships. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p7
Discusses the California's use of surplus funds to expand its state scholarship program, Cal-Grant. What prompted the expansion; Number of students the program is expected to aid in 2006.
- MITCHELL SCHOLARS NAMED. // World of Hibernia;Spring2000, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the U.S.-Ireland Alliance's first George J. Mitchell Scholars. Post-graduate studies at Irish universities.
- A Scholarship for Everyone. Kuntz, Tom // New York Times Upfront;1/24/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p6
Offers information on college scholarships in the U.S. Harness Tracks of America Scholarship; Western Sunbathing Association Scholarship; Youth Incentive Award.
- OKLAHOMA. Johnson Jr., George Earl; Scales, Martha L. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Dec2000, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the Lou Hartpence Scholarship Trust, Oklahoma's scholarship program for custody students, named after human services professional Mary Louise Hartpence. Amount placed by Hartpence in the trust to be used after her death; Number of scholars under the trust; Stipends given to students.
- Home Depot Awards Nashville Area Students and School $8,000 in Scholarships and Grants. // Tennessee Tribune;11/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p3A
The article reports that the Home Depot's Trade Scholarship has awarded scholarships to 500 students nationwide with 1,000 dollars, under the Trade Scholarship Program in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/5/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 23, p7
Several photographs which highlight the receipt of scholarship grants are presented including the scholarship to Christian Davis from Cozby-Germany Hospital Volunteers, the Flo Brown Memorial Scholarship to Jordan Grier from the Grand Saline Study Club, and one from Grand Saline Study Club which...
- Doss Awarded Dodge Trucks Scholarship. Miller, Kelsie // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/5/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 23, p7
The article reports on the receipt of the $1,000 Dodge Trucks Scholarship grant, a special project of the National Federal Financial Aid (FFA) Foundation through the National FFA Scholarship Program in 2008, by William Doss of Grand Saline High School FFA.