Grants provided to finance manufacturing career summer camps for young people
- Eisenman Materials Camp. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Sep2013, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p79
The article reports on the ASM International's 14th annual Eisenman Materials Camp held at Materials Park, Ohio.
- Thank You, Google. Carothers, Amy // Teen Ink;Summer2015, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p22
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of searching the New York City Summer Writing Program using the online search engine Google.
- The Summer Camp Fix. Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;May2008, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p12
This article describes a number of manufacturing camps that will be opened across the U.S. in June and July 2008. According to the author, all of the camps seem to share the same general goals: to make young people aware of the importance of manufacturing and to make the campers interested in...
- Camp introduces high-schoolers to nursing. Booth, Tracy L.; McMullen-Fix, Kelda // Reflections on Nursing Leadership;2015 1st Quarter, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- The Value of Working at Camp on the Lives of Young Camp Staff Research. Ferrari, Theresa M.; Digby, Janel K. // Camping Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on former summer camp counselors and lasting impacts of the job. It examined the experiences of former 4-H camp counselors, skills gained through their work as counselors, and the impact being a counselor had on their career choice. It reports that counselor alumni developed...
- community. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
The article announces that Compass Group hosted an "Introduction to Food Service & Nutrition Careers" week at the Eastside Community Development Corporation's 2007 Summer Business Camp in Charlotte, North Carolina. The day camp gave middle school students the opportunity to learn about different...
- Seen it with my own eyes. Stanley, David // Drug Topics;Mar2013, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences from witnessing mythological creature, engaging and practicing his pharmacy profession at Clinic Pharmacy in Happy Camp, California until he left the area.
- Goodlass connects with painters. Gupta, Divesh // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/13/2004, p15
This article focuses on an innovative and proactive guidance camp launched by Goodlass Nerolac Ltd. with the aim of sharing techniques and guidelines that will help painters in their trade.Goodlass Nerolac Ltd. has reached out to painters and masons in India's western and northern states through...
- Building Bridges To the Future. Cech, Scott J. // Education Week;7/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p22
The article looks at education-based summer camps specifically aimed at getting more Hispanic students into the technology, engineering, and mathematics fields of science. The article highlights the SciTech Summer Camp, a joint effort of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) and...