DTNA operations strategy brings an end to Sterling Trucks brand
- End of the Line. Carlson, Chris // Waste Age;Nov2008, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) has decided to close its Sterling Truck division. The move comes as part of a comprehensive plan to adjust and strengthen company operations after a steady drop in demand across the industry and structural changes in the company's core...
- Sterling Trucks brand to vanish. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p16
The article reports that the Sterling Trucks brand will be discontinued by Daimler Trucks North America in March 2009. The move of the company is caused by continued low truck sales and structural changes in the market. Another response to the market conditions is the closing of its...
- Daimler to drop Sterling brand. // Overdrive;Nov2008, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the plan of Daimler Trucks North American to discontinue its Sterling Trucks brand in the U.S. in March 2009. The plan was due to low truck sales and structural changes in the market. The company has also planned to close its St. Thomas, Ontario manufacturing plant in...
- Major development. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the comprehensive plans of the Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) to have the company operations adapt the lowering truck demand in the U.S. The comprehensive plan is announce in November which includes the ceasing of sterling trucks brand in March 2009, closing the...
- Daimler Trucks North America to discontinue Sterling Truck brand. // Fleet Equipment;Nov2008, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
The article focuses on the comprehensive plan to adjust and strengthen the company operations of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) in lieu of the structural changes in the company's core markets. According to Chris Paterson, chief executive officer of the company, DTNA has examined every part...
- Freightliner opens factory-refurbishment plant in Tooele. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/25/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p1
Reports that truck maker Freightliner has opened a factory-refurbished, pre-owned truck facility in Tooele, Utah under the name SelecTrucks. Location of the facility; Number of people employed; Features of the refurbished trucks; Warranty for the powertrain.
- STANDARD REGISTER HONORED FOR SPECIALTY LABELS. // Label & Narrow Web;Nov2014, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
The article announces that the Masters of Quality Supplier Award is given to truck manufacturing firm Daimler Trucks North America's (DTNA) for its specialty labels printing facility by Sean Taggart, supplier management quality engineer at DTNA as of November 2014.
- Daimler Trucks North America adds shift, plans production increase. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North American (DTNA) has added a second shift and plans to push production at its Freightliner Truck Manufacturing Plant in Cleveland, North Carolina.
- Daimler launches light commercial vehicle team. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the launching of the Light Commercial Vehicle Team of Daimler Trucks North America LLC in Redford, Michigan. The team is a combination of the resources of Sterling Truck Corp.'s Class 3-5 lines and Mitsubishi Fuso brand low-cab-over-engine (LCOE) operations in North...