Patterns of Neuropathy and Autonomic Failure in Patients With Amyloidosis
- From Antidepressant Drugs to Beta-Mimetics: Preclinical Insights on Potential New Treatments for Neuropathic Pain. Barrot, Michel; Yalcin, Ipek; Choucair-Jaafar, Nada; Benbouzid, Malika; Freund-Mercier, Marie-José // Recent Patents on CNS Drug Discovery;Nov2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p182
The market for pain treatment is a major segment of nervous system pathologies. Despite this dynamism, the management of some pain conditions remains a clinical challenge. Neuropathic pain arises as a direct consequence of a lesion or disease affecting the somatosensory system. It is generally a...
- Erratum. // Indian Journal of Ophthalmology;Apr2015, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p365
A correction to the article "Bilateral optic neuropathy and intraretinal deposits after pars plana vitrectomy in amyloidosis" that was published in a previous issue of 2015 is presented.
- EFFECT OF AEGLE MARMELOS LEAF EXTRACT TREATMENT ON DIABETIC NEUROPATHY IN RATS: A POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT OF A2 ADRENOCEPTORS. Bhatti, Rajbir; Rawal, Shruti; Singh, Jatinder; Ishar, M. P. S. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p632
The aim of present study was to investigate the effect of Aegle marmelos leaf extract (AME) on hyperalgesia in alloxan-diabetic rats. Alloxan (150 mg/kg; i.p.) was injected to induce diabetes in wistar rats (150-200 g). The diabetic animals were treated with vehicle (diabetic control), varying...
- A stress response pathway regulates DNA damage through ?2-adrenoreceptors and ?-arrestin-1. Hara, Makoto R.; Kovacs, Jeffrey J.; Whalen, Erin J.; Rajagopal, Sudarshan; Strachan, Ryan T.; Grant, Wayne; Towers, Aaron J.; Williams, Barbara; Lam, Christopher M.; Xiao, Kunhong; Shenoy, Sudha K.; Gregory, Simon G.; Ahn, Seungkirl; Duckett, Derek R.; Lefkowitz, Robert J. // Nature;9/15/2011, Vol. 477 Issue 7364, p349
The human mind and body respond to stress, a state of perceived threat to homeostasis, by activating the sympathetic nervous system and secreting the catecholamines adrenaline and noradrenaline in the 'fight-or-flight' response. The stress response is generally transient because its accompanying...
- Pulmonary Amyloidosis Diagnosed by CT-guided Transbronchial Biopsy: a Case Report. Kitamura, Hiroshi; Kobayashi, Toshiaki; Kaneko, Masamitsu; Kusumoto, Masahiko; Kodama, Tetsuro; Matsuno, Yoshihiro; Niki, Toshio // Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology;May2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p209
Presents a case of pulmonary amyloidosis diagnosed by computed tomography (CT)-guided transbronchial lung biopsy in which the necessity for surgical resection to deny malignancy was eliminated. Safety and accuracy of the procedure; Well-defined, irregular margin of the nodular lesion.
- Cardiac immunocyte-derived (AL) amyloidosis: An endomyocardial biopsy study in 11 patients. Smith, Jeanette M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/24/96-1/31/96, Vol. 275 Issue 4, p263
Presents an abstract of an article on the morphological features in myocardial biopsy specimens from patients with cardiac-immunocyte-derived (AL) amyloidosis published in the `American Heart Journal.' Basis of the diagnosis of AL amyloidosis.
- 008 Neuronal nitric oxide synthase-mediated regulation of myocardial redox state and Î²3 adrenergic receptor responses. Idigo, W. // Heart;Feb2010, Vol. 96 Issue 4, pe3
An abstract of the article "Neuronal nitric oxide synthase-mediated regulation of myocardial redox state and Î²3 adrenergic receptor responses," by W. Idigo is presented.
- Amyloid Neuropathy. Rubin, Michael // Neurology Alert;Jun2011, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p74
WHAT IS THE EXTENT AND NATURE, CLINICALLY AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICALLY, of peripheral nerve involvement in primary systemic AL amyloidosis? To address these questions, a retrospective review was undertaken of 43 such patients, previously untreated, admitted between April 2002 and June 2008 to the...
- A camelid antibody fragment inhibits the formation of amyloid fibrils by human lysozyme. Dumoulin, Mireille; Last, Alexander M.; Desmytr, Aline; Decanniere, Klass; Canet, Denis; Larsson, Göran; Spencer, Andrew; Archer, David B.; Sasse, Jurgen; Muyldermans, Serge; Wyns, Lode; Redfield, Christina; Matagne, André; Robinson, Carol V.; Dobson, Christopher M. // Nature;8/14/2003, Vol. 424 Issue 6950, p783
Amyloid diseases are characterized by an aberrant assembly of a specific protein or protein fragment into fibrils and plaques that are deposited in various organs and tissues, often with serious pathological consequences. Non-neuropathic systemic amyloidosis is associated with single point...