TECH-FRIENDLY TOOLS FOR: FOOD BID ANALYSIS
- One for all: Foodservice need industrywide database for maximum revenue growth. Bogardus, Charlotte // Nation's Restaurant News;10/22/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on the need of food service industry for industrywide database for maximum revenue growth. Advantages of data sharing; Adoption of point-of sale systems; Reasons behind the problems of databases.
- New website unveiled. // European Power News;Sep2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the launch of BuyENERGYonline, an independent Internet-based exchange that lets British energy suppliers bid against each other for business. Auction format; Plan to expand the exchange to Europe.
- On-line bidding: An idea whose time should end. Chase, Landy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6
Presents arguments against the practice of online bidding by businesses. Points to consider by purchasing managers.
- A restaurateur's guide to the Web. Baraban, Regina // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p213
Lists the online services offering information related to the food service industry. Small Business Resource Center site; Global Agribusiness Information Network; Perkins Family Restaurants' Web site.
- A restaurateurs guide to the Web. Baraban, Regina // Restaurant Business;08/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 16, p135
Presents several food service industry Web sites in the United States. Charlie Trotters; Wine; Masterfish Theatre.
- A restaurateur's guide to the Web. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;05/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p199
Presents several Web sites related to food service in the United States. Riunite's home page on food and wine; Job Forum by the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire; U.S. Business Advisor which provides access to federal government information, services...
- A restaurateur's guide to the Web. Breuhaus, Brian // Restaurant Business;10/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 19, p133
Presents Web sites designed for restaurateurs. Dinercity.com; Roadsidemagazine.com; Eathere.com.
- New foodshow goes on-line. // Hotel & Motel Management;4/22/96, Vol. 211 Issue 7, p31
Reports on the homepage access to Foodshow On-Line on the World Wide Web. Information available for foodservice operators.
- Learning to use Web is `essential,' too: Put Internet know-how on the shopping list. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p208
Discusses the availability of World Wide Web sites serving the food service industry. Need for food service directors to be computer-literate; Procedure on finding food service Web sites; Notable food service Web sites.