- Plans cooking for grower-owned pasta plant. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jul92, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the establishment of the Dakota Growers Pasta Co. by durum wheat growers of North Dakota. Response to the growing demand of pasta-eating Americans; Loans granted by the Bank of North Dakota and Saint Paul Bank of Cooperatives; Construction of a durum mill and pasta plant.
- TO 'HACCP' OR NOT TO 'HACCP': Foodsvc. exempted from juice rules. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the exemption of food service establishments from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) rules designed to increase safety of fruit and vegetables juices. Requirement for juice processors; Decision of FDA to exempt food service; Other provisions.
- THE 45-DEGREE SOLUTION: FDA poses new egg chill rules. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the revised food safety rules issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration that require foodservice operators to refrigerate all fresh eggs to reduce the incidence of Salmonella enteritidis-related illnesses associated with raw eggs. Importance of cooking the eggs...
- ConAgra to acquire International Home Foods in deal worth $2.9B. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p57
Reports on agribusiness and food conglomerate ConAgra Inc.'s agreement to acquire diversified-products manufacturer International Home Foods Inc. Brands to be added to ConAgra's portfolio; Terms of the agreement.
- Food Safety First. // CSP;Aug2012, p74
The article offers tips on how food service retailers can follow the U.S. Food & Drug Administration's (FDA) Food Code.
- Pasta growers adding mill. // Rural Cooperatives;May/Jun98, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p27
Reports that the need for more semolina for its manufacturing facilities has prompted Dakota Growers Pasta Company at Carrington, North Dakota, to construct a second mill adjacent to its existing site. Features of the mill.
- Smart Choices Forces Tough Decision. Gallagher, Julie // SN: Supermarket News;11/2/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 44, p28
The article reports that the Smart Choices label will be phased out by Kellogg, Kraft Foods, General Mills, PepsiCo, ConAgra Foods and Unilever, because they run through current inventories of Apple Jacks, Wheat Thins, Skippy Peanut Butter and products bearing the seal. The decision of Smart...
- SUPPLY SCAN. // Food Logistics;Oct2012, Issue 141, p8
This section offers news briefs on the food supply chain. ConAgra Foods is urging its pork suppliers to ban gestation crates for animals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is planning to create standards for arsenic levels in rice. Food prices will likely increase around the world due...
- SN Whole Health: High-Tech Health. Vosburgh, Bob // Supermarket News Expert Blog;5/21/2012, p7
The article discusses trends on functional ingredients. Cargill food division spokeswoman Niki Larson notes the trend in consumers preferring to gain the health benefits from foods or beverages rather than taking supplements. On the other hand, University of Kentucky professor Clair Hicks warned...