WITH LESS EFFORT THAN EXPECTED: Meatless choices enhance catering's appeal for all
- Even Big Easy caterers can cook to please vegetarian palates. Johnson // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the increase in the number of caterers serving vegetables in New Orleans, Louisiana. Popularity of New Orleans caterers for fried seafood; Increase the number of requests for vegetarian meals; Introduction of lesser-known species of vegetables.
- With Tofu Steaks, Vegetable Cutlets: Catering to Vegetarians. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p106
Suggests ways on catering for elegant occasions using vegetarian cookery. List of creative vegetarian entrees for elegant atmospheres; Advantages of using accompaniment dishes; Ingredients and procedure for making Tomato Onion Tart; How to create vegetable appetizers.
- LOTS OF FAMILIAR SOLUTIONS: VEGETARIAN CATERING. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p88
Presents tips on vegetarian catering. Types of vegetarian appetizers; How to make bread products; Preparation of desserts.
- B&I EXEC. CHEF WRESTLES WITH: BALANCING DEMAND. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p112
Reports the impact of vegetarian menu items on innovations in the food service of the United States. Demand for meatless menus in the food catering services; Examples of vegetarian menu items.
- Show me the Monkey is a great signature drink. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/30/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4601, p8
The article discusses issues related to the catering industry. The author's comments on cocktails from the Monkey Shoulder brand, along with a recipe, are given. A global warming expert warns that consumers will need to switch to a vegetarian diet if climate change is to be overcome. About 300...
- The Celestial Palace. von Behrens, Tanja // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Autumn2005, p67
Features the Celestial Palace, a Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant. Physical description of the restaurant; Food specialties; Contact information.
- you may now kiss the broccoli. // Yoga Journal;May/Jun2005, Issue 188, p22
This article presents information on an incident where a bride-to-be Linda Monastra wanted vegetarian menu in her wedding. Finding a caterer was easy. Persuading her father to go along with was not. He tried to convince her to serve meat but she did not agree with her father. Vegetarian menus...
- NO-MEAT EATS. Greenway, Olivia // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/21/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4628, p34
The article offers information on growing vegetarian customers and its effect on the hospitality industry. It states that restaurateurs and chefs are hesitant about switching over to vegetarian menu due to several reasons, despite customers' demand for vegetarian food. According to restaurateur...
- How to Feed Just a Few Vegetarians at Weddings, Parties, Restaurants... Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p1
Provides techniques for the food service operator when only five or six vegetarian meals are requested for a wedding banquet, business luncheon, company picnic or children's party where a non-vegetarian menu is offered. Veggie "steaks" of flavored seitan, tempeh or portobellos; Baked potatoes...