PLUS COFFEE AND OTHER BEVERAGES: SUPER-SIZE SODA
- Best-selling beverages. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul93, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p120
Reports on beverage trends in the food service industry. Milk beverages; Signature drinks; Variations of favorites; Wine. INSET: Best wine list competition..
- Casual operators in Fla. race to corner frozen-drink niche. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p3
Reports on Florida casual dining operators' investigation of ways to venture into the frozen drink niche. Profitability of the frozen drink category; Testimonies by several operators on the profitability of the category; Background on the testing conducted by several operators.
- Revenue-generators & daypart-builders: Cold beverage carts. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p142
Reports on mobile foodservice stations that offers beverages in the United States. Liquid Assets mobile station at the Columbia Park in Dorchester, Massachusetts; Mobile carts in the Galaxy Cafe foodcourts in the Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts; B-I-B unit of Coca Cola; Boca Raton...
- Oversized cold beverages. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p118
Discusses the viability of selling oversized cold beverages at food service operations across the United States. Limited appeal of large-sized fountain beverages; Most popular sizes of beverages sold; Sizes sold at industrial locations; Mixed reviews for large-sized beverages at amusement parks...
- SMOOTH OPERATOR. Kyte, Alistair // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2009, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
The article focuses on the smoothie business which keeps healthy lifestyles in the marketplace. It provides information on Sam Haider and his wife's Euphoria Smoothies which started their business in 2004 in North Bay, Ontario. It states that after its success in 1999, smoothies quickly became...
- DRINK DRIVER. Strenk, Thomas Henry // Restaurant Business;Feb2016, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p60
The article offers marketing strategies for fast-casual beverages in the U.S. Among these marketing initiatives are the search for the suitable format, the creation of practical business-based counter options by offering wine, cocktails and beer, and the proper storage of beverages in different...
- Introduction. Brown, Douglas Robert // Complete Guide to Securing Your Own U.S. Patent: A Step-by-Step ;2007, p373
The article introduces a series of topics in Section 5 of the book "The Food Service Manager's Guide to Creative Cost Cutting: Over 2001 Innovative and Simple Ways to Save Your Food Service Operation Thousands by Reducing Expenses," by Douglas Robert Brown. It includes strategies and tips on how...
- Hospitals Next: Colleges tapping into fresh smoothie craze. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p6
Deals with the plan of Irvine, California-based Juice It Up, the fresh smoothie franchise, to market nationwide to colleges in fall 1999. Overview of the company's kiosk program; Average cost of smoothies; Comments from Greg Vujnov, president of Juice It Up Franchise Corp.
- Happy hours are here again. RUGGLESS, RON // Nation's Restaurant News;4/30/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on the efforts of restaurant operators in the U.S. to increase their traffic and profit by offering and promoting beefed-up happy hours with attractive prices and alluring food and drink. It mentions the earlier-than-normal happy hour at the Roy's Hawaiian Fusion restaurant,...