SUMMER FRUIT UPDATE: Production mixed compared to '99
- Grapefruit production forecast up in Texas but down in California. // Southwest Farm Press;1/6/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the forecast for grapefruit production in Texas and California. The production in 2004/05 is pegged to be 4 percent higher in Texas and 4 percent lower in California than last season. The smaller crop out of Florida is expected to benefit Texas and California producers...
- And Weather Problems Persist: Fruit, nut price index to grow. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p86
Predicts the grower price index for fruit and nuts to average slightly higher in the second half of 1999 in the United States. Impact of weather problems on fruit production; Apple production forecast for the 1999 crop year; Other forecasts on fruit production.
- GRAPEFRUIT FORECAST FLAT: Peach crop down 5%, spring bloom good. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p62
Presents forecasts on fruit production in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Statistics on peach crop; Factors that contributed to the decline in plum crop; Updates on citrus production.
- Farm-Fresh Cocktails. English, Camper // Lesbian News;Oct2009, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on using produce such as fruits to make cocktails. It is noted that the simplest way of using fruits in drinks is by mashing it up in a mixing glass and add vodka, sweetener and ice. Some of the fruits ideal for cocktails are oranges, grapefruit, nectarines and pineapples....
- Fresh produce. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/16/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4412, p130
The article focuses on fresh produce in season in Great Britain. Blushed pear varieties from South Africa are now superseding the European Comice. Blood oranges are plentiful and excellent quality, while Spanish raspberries are now improving in flavour. Savoy cabbage and cauliflower head size...
- The effects of ethanol-dissolved propolis on the storage of grapefruit cv. Star Ruby. Özdemır, Ahmet Erhan; Çandiri, Elif Ertürk; Kaplankiran, Mustafa; Soylu, Emine Mine; Sahınler, Nuray; Gül, Aziz // Turkish Journal of Agriculture & Forestry;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p155
Propolis has a strong antimicrobial effect and limits the growth of microorganisms. This study was carried out to determine the effect of propolis on the storage life of Star Ruby grapefruit. Fruits were obtained from Mustafa Kemal University, Faculty of Agriculture, DÃ¶rtyol Experimental...
- Summer Fruit Rebounds: USDA forecasts gains for al major crops. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p94
Forecasts an increase in fruit production in the United States in 1999. Figures released by the United States Department of Agriculture; Production outlook for pear in California, Washington, and Oregon; Overview of the grapefruit production in Texas.
- Wilma prompts special survey of Florida fruit. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p26
The article presents forecasts for fall fruits and fresh produce in Florida, after Hurricane Wilma crossed the state in October 2005. Production forecasts for apples, grapes and cranberries are provided. Forecasts for grapefruit, lemons and potatoes are discussed.
- NORMAL CROP HARVESTS EARLY: Stone fruit supply to grow in 2000. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p70
Reports on fruit supply forecasts for 2000 in the United States. Peach crop forecast in California; Expected fresh market cherry production for the Northeast region; 1999-2000 Florida tangelo forecast.