IN HEALTHCARE: Hospitals can balance cost & sophistication
- SODEXHO MARRIOTT'S `OVATIONS' PROGRAM: Zeroing in on outside biz. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p108
Reports on Sodexho Marriott Services' approach to competing in the catering market. Information on the Ovation concept of the company; Services provided by Ovations to Sodexho Marriott; Focus of the company on corporate catering.
- Sodexho etches 'fresh approach' to Crossroads Cuisines. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/04/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p20
Reports on the renovation of the culinary program of Sodexho Services in the United States. Improvement of the catering services; Variations of the menu program.
- Johns Hopkins as international host. McGourty, C. // Nature;11/23/1989, Vol. 342 Issue 6248, p330
Reports on the plans by researchers at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md., to support the mapping and sequencing of the human genome. Host to the first international database in the network; Home of the on-line version of Mendelian Inheritance in Man; Second center to be in London;...
- Johns Hopkins plans to affiliation. // Modern Healthcare;8/05/96, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p36
Reports on Johns Hopkins Medicine's plan to form affiliations. Service merger with Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland; Signing of an affiliation agreement with the National Institutes of Health; Background on the operations of the organizations.
- Hot Breakfast from a Cart. // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the food service provided by Sodexho Marriott Services Inc. at the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan. Description of the mobile cart used by Sodexho in its breakfast program; Total number of patients served by the company on a typical day; Use of disposable trays and...
- With Signature Brand Concepts: Mass. Hospital Lifts Cafeteria Sales 30%. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p48
Highlights the increase in the sales of the Morton Hospital cafeteria in Taunton, Massachusetts. Features and designs of the renovated dining area; Plans to introduce a patient feeding program; Introduction of Sodexho Marriott brands such as Deli Signatures and American Grill; Total annual...
- WITH 'NEW MENU FLAVORS': Sodexho ties menus/promos. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p22
Reports on a program to be launched by the corporate services division of contract caterer Sodexho, as of October 2003. Significance of the program in integrating the menus and promotions of the caterer; Information on the development of Sodexho's menus.
- Contractors would call on volunteers to aid military. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/13/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4259, p9
Reports that the contract caterer Sodexho is providing additional support at U.S. Army training camps in Europe. Value of the additional support; Importance of the contractor support for the U.S. Army; View of Andy Leach, managing director of Sodexho Defense, on the threat of a long-term war.
- Block may leave Johns Hopkins post. // Modern Healthcare;8/12/96, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p10
Reports on the plans of James Block, president and chief executive officer of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, to leave the hospital in case there will be changes in the governance policy.