IN SCHOOLS: Buffets arise in response to cost-concerns
- In schools: Profit-maker & image-builder. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p110
Reports that the key for school catering is to realize that it can be both a profit-center and provide an essential public relations opportunity for the program. Reference to Bibb County School District in Macon, Georgia, which is planning to introduce a full catering program during the 1997...
- EYEING CENTRAL PRODUCTION: Study will determine catering growth's fate. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p80
Focuses on a feasibility study conducted on the catering services of Campus Celebrations at Hillsborough County School District in Tampa, Florida. Sales volume of the school; Requirements for expanding a catering business.
- SEEING STEADY STUDENT GROWTH: Growth in Whittier College's meatless buffet is no mirage. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the growth of student participation at Mediterranean Oasis Buffet at Whittier College in Whittier, California. Most vocal customers; Approximate food costs for the Mediterranean Oasis.
- Standards bearer. Baker, Jane // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/27/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4228, p35
Looks at the achievements of the Local Authority Caterers Association (LACA) in Great Britain since its foundation in 1991. Responsibilities of LACA members; Role played by LACA in the formulation of the Nutritional Standards in schools; Worth of food and equipment provided to the school...
- Banishing a Stereotype. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p64
The article reports on the benefit of branding to the catering program of the Olathe School District in Kansas. Scott Kingery, director of foodservices, says branding was a way to get rid the program of the institutional school lunch image. Kingery says they branded the entire program because he...
- In Schools: A growing revenue enhancer. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Elaborates on the catering services of school districts in the United States. Comments from several food service officials; Benefits gained by the Roanoke Rapids Graded School District in North Carolina from its catering services; Items on the Gadsden Independent School District's catering menu.
- Caterers say school meals report makes unfair comparisons. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/9/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4294, p16
Reports on the criticism of the Soil Association's 2003 "Food for Life" report, which compared the amount spent on primary school meals and the amount spent on prison meals in Great Britain, by school caterers. Difference between school and prison catering in terms of funding; Nutritional...
- 2010 Healthy Schools' Caterer with California Raisins. // Vending International;Mar2010, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on California Raisins Healthy School's Caterer competition initiated by California Raisins which aimed at promoting and improving healthy meals served in various schools in Great Britain.
- POLICING BOOZE. Moran, Dana // FoodService Director;9/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p32
The article provides an answer to a question on how to properly manage alcohol in campus catering.