1999: Drop in meals served matches enrollment dive
- The State of College Foodservice. // FoodService Director;7/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p12
The article presents statistics on the 2011 food service industry landscape in the U.S. including overall state of the college food service industry, percentage in terms of popularity of business options on a campus and percentage of artificial fats removed by food service operators.
- D+. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
The article presents a statistic on the evaluation of school foods in the U.S.
- trendwatch. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article presents statistics the methods used by school foodservice operations to control costs which include menu substitutions, decreasing labor and cutting travel.
- SCHOOL LUNCH WANES AMONG TEENAGERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the FoodService Director's School Census, which showed that the older students become, the less likely they are to buy school lunch. Open campuses are the main reason directors give for losing students to outside vendors. Statistics showed that lunch participation in...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...