WITH WOOD DINING SVCS. ONBOARD: Philly Zoo rolls carts to create impulse opportunities
- Columbus Zoo revamps its dining facilities. Cavanaugh, Bonnie // Nation's Restaurant News;08/09/99, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p22
No abstract available.
- Zoos upgrade foodservice to boost business. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;06/29/98, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the efforts of foodservice operators to upgrade foodservices in zoos. Importance of foodservice as a profit center in a tax-increase-resistant environment; Role of foodservice as Chicago, Illinois-based Lincoln Park Zoo's main revenue source; Popularity of upscale items at Denver,...
- WITH NEW BRAND MIX: Columbus Zoo plans a foodcourt. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the construction of a food pavilion at the Columbus, Ohio Zoo. Reopening of the Leaping Frog Cafe at Central Park Zoo in New York City; Menus offered in the cafeteria; Features of the food court.
- L.A. Zoo revs-up foodservice. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the expansion of the food service facilities at the Los Angeles Zoo in Los Angeles, California. Addition of indoor seats and air conditioning; Launching of new food service concepts; Expectations of increase in the zoo's food service revenues.
- At the Columbus Zoo: Upscale, quick-serve food builds around top names. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on the Congo River Market, a consolidated food court at the Columbus Zoo in Powell, Ohio. Food offerings; Features of the food court; Expected sales of the facility.
- Adding Value in 2011. Borowsky, Scott C. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the importance of adding value to attractions and another on food concessions and carts at zoos and aquariums.
- Kids now dine with dinosaurs. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p18
Features the special meals being offered to guests at San Diego, California's Wild Animal Park. Meals themed to Dino Mountain; Price range; Collectible souvenir item.
- Chicago zoo promotes Human Nutrition Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p20
Describes the Bear-y Good for You program which provides healthy foods for the restaurants and refreshment stands in the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago, Illinois. Aspects of the Human Nutrition Program being coordinated by doctor Linda Pribyl; Nutrition education for zoo's staff and visitors;...
- Concessions and Carts. McCANN, ELIZABETH // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p78
The article focuses on trends in location-targeted food service at zoos and aquariums. The concessions offered at Singapore Zoo include fast-food, cafeterias and a fine-dining restaurant. The Jungle Island in Miami, Florida offers a swim area where guests can relax with frozen treats and other...