VIEWPOINT: BE A `BIG WHEEL'
- Seniors in Need:. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p58
The author reflects on the trends and issues in relation to providing healthy foods to older people in the U.S. He notes the growing number of people aged 60 and over in relation to the funding allotted for their food and care. He explains why the magazine did not feature articles about food...
- Sister Alice Marie Quinn DC, RD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p50
The article profiles Alice Marie Quinn, program director of St. Vincent Senior Citizen Nutrition Program Inc. in Los Angeles, California. Quinn is a recipient of the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for her dedication to her mission of running a...
- French old people enjoy most lavish meals service in Europe. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/19/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4240, p6
Deals with the meals on wheels programs for the elderly in France. Favorite meals served to the elderly in Europe.
- Citymeals Effort Tops Million Mark. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb99, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the number of meals that were delivered to homebound seniors in the United States in 1998 by Citymeals-on-Wheels USA. Information on Citymeals; Amount collected by the group in 1998.
- IDEALS ON WHEELS. // Town & Country;Jun2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5325, p54
The article provides information on Citymeals-on-Wheels program launched by the Rainbow Coalition to deliver healthy food to New York's homebound elderly.
- Nutrition programs are helping at-risk elderly, evaluators discover. // Nation's Health;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the effectiveness of federal nutrition programs for the elderly. Evaluation of the elderly nutrition programs of the Older Americans Act; Public-private partnerships that unite local communities to better serve a growing aging population; Success of congregate and home-delivered...
- The Interrelationships of Nutritional Risk Factors, Indicators of Nutritional Risk, and Severity of Disability Among Home-Delivered Meal Participants. Sharkey, Joseph R. // Gerontologist;Jun2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p373
Examines the direct and indirect relationships between individual components of nutritional risk and increased severity of disability among a diverse sample of homebound older adults. Model of nutritional risk and disability for home-delivered meal participants; Statistics of study variables of...
- Meals-on-Wheels launches 'March For Meals' campaign. Patterson, Whitney // Ellis County Press;3/8/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p10
The article reports on the launch of the 'March for Meals' campaign by Meals-on-Wheels of Johnson and Ellis Counties in Texas with an aim to feed homebound seniors in the community.
- Senior Citizens reaches out to community for help. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p4
The article focuses on the efforts to search for volunteers for the home delivery program of Donley County Senior Citizen in Texas. Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to its patrons or drive the delivery van. Nonmembers can volunteer for the program provided that they are within the age...