PLAN TARGETS SERVICES AGENCIES: BATEMAN BRACING FOR SRS
- Grants to address needs of Palm Beach residents. // South Florida Times;7/24/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p1B
The article reports that food delivery service of the Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches has been extended into the Lake Worth area in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- 2,500 Daily Production Could Double: Ohio Meals-On-Wheels Banks on Cook-Chill. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p48
Focuses on the Meals-on-Wheels program of Stark and Wayne Counties in Massillon, Ohio. Meals provided through the program; How the program avoids additional costs; Goal of the program.
- Citymeals becomes a nationwide effort. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p50
Reports that Citymeals-on-Wheels has become a national organization under the name Citymeals-on-Wheels USA on May 1, 1997. Funding from Visa USA; Names of founding members; Objectives of the organization.
- NANASP taking aim at breakfast for seniors. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p5
Reports on a survey conducted by the National Association of Nutrition & Aging Services Programs (NANASP), in collaboration with General Mills, to assess the number of Meals on Wheels operators who provide breakfast to seniors. Information on survey conducted in July 1996 by the National Meals...
- Understand and deliver. Baker, Jane // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/3/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4203, p24
Discusses why providers of meals-on-wheels programs in Great Britain focus on providing care for the elderly when delivering their meals. Role of meals-on-wheels drivers in delivering meals to the elderly; Process followed by several providers in delivering the meals.
- Makes Food a Selling Point: Chicago retirement center keeps pace, goes upscale. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p48
Provides information on the menu designed by the food service contractor Bateman Health Care for Lake Forest Place, a retirement center in Chicago, Illinois. Description of Lake Forest Place; Demands of the residents of Lake Forest; Entrees in the main dining room; Survey of residents to know...
- Seniors in Need:. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p58
The author reflects on the trends and issues in relation to providing healthy foods to older people in the U.S. He notes the growing number of people aged 60 and over in relation to the funding allotted for their food and care. He explains why the magazine did not feature articles about food...
- Meals to home deliveries up tenfold at Conn. hosp. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the expansion of the Meals to the Home delivery program at Willimantic, Connecticut-based Windham Hospital. Program's inclusion of all of the 19 Connecticut towns covered by the hospital; Growth of the program since July 1997; Hospital's investment in the program; Pricing structure;...
- VIEWPOINT: BE A `BIG WHEEL'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the provision of home-delivered meals to aged people in the United States. Statistics on the population of senior citizens; How senior meal programs increased congregate meal participation.