TRYING TO WIN BACK HOSP. STAFFERS: FUN DESIGN JUMPS SALES
- HOSPITAL RENOVATES ENLARGES CAFETERIA. // Health Facilities Management;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the renovation made on the cafeteria of Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. The renovated cafeteria have red booths and pendant lights suspended over each one and has a feel of a classy diner. It has a number of stations, so that diners will...
- Facility Profile. Jess, Carol // Health Facilities Management;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p20
Features the Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital's cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria before its renovation; Description of the feature added for the convenience of those in wheelchairs; Budget for the renovation; Percentage increase in food sales after the renovation.
- Surviving a Renovation. Bueno, Regina Toomey // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p18
The article features Regina Toomey Bueno, director of food, nutrition and transport at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, New Jersey. She talks about what she learned through the process of renovating a cafeteria in the hospital. She says that she really should have done homework on every...
- Renovation Revelations. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the renovative moves of the healthcare foodservices in the United States. Area of focus in the renovation; Estimation of building costs; Post-renovative changes in operation and customer services; Effects of the renovation on transactions and revenues. INSET: Common Concepts in a...
- Breakfast Sales Double: L.A. hospital completes $750,000 f/s overhaul. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
Deals with the renovation undergone by the employee cafeteria at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Estimated value of the renovation; Comments from cafeteria officials; List of the cafeteria's breakfast stations; Promotional programs of the cafeteria.
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.