INCLUDES FOODSERVICE: WEB SITE FEATURES ONLINE CATALOGS
- VIA Defense Produce Program: Online Purchasing Saves $50K/Yr. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the positive outcome of the implementation of an online purchasing program at the food service operations of the Paradise Valley Unified School District in Phoenix, Arizona. Amount saved by the district school from the program; Capacity of the schools central kitchens; Advantages of...
- POSSIBLE FUNDING SOURCES FOR FARM-TO-SCHOOL PROGRAMS. // Linking Farms with Schools: A Guide to Understanding Farm-to-Sch;Mar2004, p26
The article reviews several funding farm-to-school program web sites, including www.reeusda.gov., www.ocd.usda.gov., and www.fns.usda.gov.
- Lunch Online at Singapore School. // Food Management;Feb2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p14
Features the online meal ordering program of Canberra Secondary School in Singapore. Services offered; Number of students and staff; Description of the program.
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...
- Florida School Cafeteria Offers Shopping-mall Style Food Court. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p43
Features the cafeteria at Bayside High School in Palm Bay, Florida. Characteristics differentiating the food service from traditional cafeterias; Menu concepts; Changes to the original plans for the cafeteria; Food prices.