AND HELPS BOOST CUSTOMER COUNTS: `Zany chef' makes check avgs. at Lear Corp. soar
- Back pain aid. Monts, Rodd; Diem, William R. // Automotive News;3/6/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5594, p6
Reports that Lear Seating Inc. is testing a computerized lumbar support system that delivers back therapy to front-seat occupants.
- Lear Seating plans factory in R. Hills. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;8/22/94, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p1
Reports on Lear Seating Corp.'s plans to build a car-seat assembly plant in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Lear's management schemes; Financial issues; Feedback from Brian McBoom, a city planner for Rochester Hills.
- Lear Seating wins BMW contract. Mead, Chris // Crain's Detroit Business;8/14/95, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p27
Reports the selection of Southfield-based Lear Seating Corporation by German automaker BMW for supply of seats to the BMW 3 Series in South Africa.
- A good feeling inside. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p2
Focuses on Lear Corporation's status as the world's largest independent supplier of interior systems. Details on a decision to purchase Borealis Industrier AB; Statistical information on Lear's finances; Details on the transformation from a seat supplier to a systems integrator.
- Lear plans new headquarters, tech center. Sherefkin, Robert; Gargaro, Paul // Automotive News;4/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5708, p28B
Announces Lear Corp.'s plan to consolidate its companywide technical operations into a new headquarters, as part of its efforts to build operations to $10 billion in annual sales. Background on the company; Role of the company as the third top supplier to the automobile industry in North...
- Lear shares to sell at $40. // Crain's Detroit Business;06/30/97, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p30
Reports on a public offering of 10.3 million shares of common stock of the Lear Corporation to be sold by largest shareholder of Lear, which is a affiliate of Lehman Brothers Holdings Incorporation. Details on the price of the shares.
- Lear to lease more Southfield space to expand engineering. Sherefkin, Robert; Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;01/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p14
Reports on plans confirmed by Lear Corporation in January, 1998 to acquire more office space in Southfield, Michigan following its announcement of a major office development in region. Amount of square feet of space the company will lease in the Northwestern Corporate Center; Reasons for the...
- Lear gets behind outsourced seating plan. Sorge, Marjorie // Ward's Auto World;Feb95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p50
Reports on Lear Seating Corp.'s effort to take advantage of North American and European automakers' plan to outsource their seats by 1998. Projected market shares in North America and Europe by 1998; Expected increase in the number of seats to be outsourced; Purchase of Ford Motor Co.'s Mexican...
- Lear launches Indiana facility. // Automotive Industries;May96, Vol. 176 Issue 5, p91
Reports on the launch of production at the Hammond, Indiana facility of Lear Seating Corporation. Information on seat systems that facility will produce.