AGENCY WORKING ON TRANSFERS: L.A. culinary school shuts down
- `At fast-food prices': L.A. Culinary Inst. invites public. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the Los Angeles Culinary Institute's inauguration of a special fixed-price lunch promotion in spring 1998. Invitation to the public to sample the school's culinary expertise; Offering of gourmet-fare at budget prices.
- Lessons for Life from a Cooking School. Nelson, Jennifer // njbiz;7/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p3
Provides information on the factors to be considered by prospective franchisees in New Jersey. Reasons cited for the business failure of Viva the Chef, culinary school for children owned by Gina Martinez; Advantages of independently-owned companies over franchises; Requirement imposed by the...
- First-Class Cooking. HOWARD, RACHEL // National Geographic Traveler;Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p95
The article presents information on several culinary schools, including Glorious Greek Cooking in Ikaria, Greece, Nabiyekonak in Ula, Turkey, and Castello di Vicarello in Tuscany, Italy.
- GOURMET GETAWAY. Henderson, Nancy Bearden // Atlanta;Jan2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p38
Focuses on Blackberry Farm, a cooking-school in Walland, Tennessee. Architecture of the school; Technique of teaching employed at the school; Specialty of the school.
- Chef schools cooks up investment for itself, potential for Valley. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/10/98, Issue 322340, p1
Details the plan to build a school for chef in San Joaquin River Valley, California, dubbed as the Institute of Culinary Arts. Impact of the school to the area's economy; Courses to be offered by the school; Difference from other cooking schools.
- California Culinary to buy New York Restaurant School. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;8/14/95, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p7
Reports that the California Culinary Academy (CCA) in San Francisco signed a letter of intent to purchase the outstanding stock of the New York Restaurant School (NYRS), a privately owned culinary school in New York City. Chairman Theodore Crocker as the largest shareholder of CCA; Optimism...
- Dish it out! // National Geographic World;Mar96, Issue 247, p24
Presents the menu prepared by the cooking class at the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco for their graduation.
- Culinary comebacks: Second careers begin in the kitchen. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/20/96, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p16
Reports that persons who are looking for a second career are infiltrating the culinary art form. Effects of actions for culinary schools; Comments from Iva Bergeron, director of Delgado Community College's culinary arts division; Details on Delgado's culinary program; Insight on future of...
- Dueling culinary schools. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep95, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p23
Reports on campus expansion by the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) and California Culinary Academy (CCA) in each other's turf. Napa Valley campus of the CIA on the grounds of Greystone Cellars winery; Plan of CCA to establish branch in Manhattan, New York on the site of the former New York...