McGraw-Hill Realigns Higher Educ. Unit; Names 3 New Executives
- McGraw-Hill Reorganization Done, Sets Sights On Finance Titles. // Book Publishing Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. that completed its business-wide reorganization. Under the new structure, the company is no longer divided along product lines and trade book publishing is spread throughout its professional group instead of being its own division. McGraw-Hill...
- MHC Sells Kids' Retail Unit to School Specialty. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p97
Reports on the sale by McGraw-Hill Cos. of the M-H Children's Publishing unit to School Specialty Inc., as of January 2004. Terms of the agreement; Importance of the acquisition for School Specialty; Background information on the companies.
- MHC Revamp Leaves Nardin Out. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the restructuring of the professional book group of the publishing company McGraw-Hill Cos. Resignation of executives Ted Nardin and Brandon Nordin; Plan of the company to reduce the book group from three divisions; Goal of the corporate restructuring.
- EM's Top PreK-12 Stories of 2006 Show New Move to Consolidation. // Educational Marketer;1/8/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the top significant events of 2006 concerning PreK-12 publishing industry in the U.S. Riverdeep Inc. has acquired Houghton Mifflin Co. for $5 billion. McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. has reorganized its textbook units and form a new group called McGraw-Hill School Solutions. Pearson...
- McGraw-Hill trips on acquisitions. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;3/14/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p3
This article presents information about new regulations on acquisitions. Last week, not one but two news events on the same day battered media and financial services conglomerate McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. and forced its shares into a steep dive. In response, in just two days the stock gave up more...
- Dialog's McGraw-Hill News: Up-to-the-Minute Financial Briefs. O'Leary, Mick // Information Today;Feb1988, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p10
This article provides information on the McGraw-Hill News (MHN) database on Dialog. For MHN, McGraw-Hill assembled pieces from throughout its publishing empire, including Standard & Poor's, Data Resources, and its network of hundreds of far-flung news bureaus, to create a real-time business news...
- media notes. // B to B;6/9/2008, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p12
The article offers business-related news briefs in the U.S. The Business Information Network (BIN) report of the American Business Media claims that b-to-b magazine revenue has declined to $2.49 billion in the first quarter of 2008. McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. will downsize 395 employees in its...
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.
- New division to handle Ed. management SW. // T H E Journal;Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports that McGraw-Hill has established a new division to handle local area network-based K-12 school administrative management solutions. Student management system for district personnel; Automation software.