Collegiate Textbook Advertising Guidelines Created By NACS, Varsity Group Suit Settlement
- NACS Sues VarsityBooks.com Over 40% `Discounts.'. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 45, p15
Reports that the National Association of College Stores (NACS) is suing VarsityBooks.com charging false and misleading advertising. Details on the suit filed on October 29, 1999; Statement issued by Brian Cartier, NACS chief staff officer; How John Kaplan, vice president of communications and...
- NACS Holds Pep Rally. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;5/15/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 20, p28
Reports on the 2000 National Association of College Stores (NACS) meeting and CAMEX show in Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Announcement made by VarsityBooks.com, an online textbook retailers; Details on e-commerce seminars in the CAMEX show; Actions taken by NACS to help its members;...
- VarsityBooks Seeks Dismissal of NACS Suit. Mutter, John; Wells, Diana // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p22
Focuses on the motion filed by VarsityBooks.com for the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by the National Association of College Stores (NACS) against the company. Key issues of the lawsuit filed by NACS; Reasons for the motion filed by VarsityBooks.com; Details on the case.
- Financial Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p8
This article reports that revenue at outsource textbook procurement operator Varsity Group Inc. increased 49.4% to $32.1 million in the third quarter of 2004 and was up 50.8% to $35 million in the first nine months of the year, compared to the same periods of 2003.
- Textbook Vendors To Chase Students Online. Mand, Adrienne // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/4/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the launch of separate campaigns by discount bookseller VarsityBooks.Com and textbook distributor Higher Education Group, a unit of Follett Corp. Traditional and online advertising plans; Size of each company's catalog.
- Battle of the (college) books gains intensity. Freeman, Laurie // Advertising Age;8/23/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p16
This article reports on the advertising efforts of online bookstores to catch the attention and money of students who are heading off to college. Major contenders, including Big Words, ecampus.com and VarsityBooks.com, are unveiling fall 1999 campaigns in the 5 million to 10 million U.S. dollar...
- NACS and Varsity Agree On Ad Standards. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;8/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 33, p195
Reports the settlement of the suit filed by the National Association of College Stores (NACS) against Varsity Group. Claims of NACS against Varsity; Terms of the settlement agreement; Financial condition of Varsity for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000.
- BigWords > < VarsityBooks.com. // Inter@ctive Week;09/18/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p62
Deal with the survey conducted by `Inter@ctive Week' magazine and Vividence on rival online textbook retailers, BigWords.com and VarsityBooks.com. Reasons survey respondents prefer BigWords over VarsityBooks.com; Shipping information provided by the online retailers; Views of users on the...
- Textbook vendors to chase students online. Mand, Adrienne // MediaWeek;01/04/99, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the growing rivalry between textbook vendors online. VarsityBooks.com's launching of an online campaign that touts buying textbooks online; Follett's venture into online marketing which leverages its existing business.