Haights Cross Launches Internet Test Unit; Names New Executives
- Haights Cross Forms Internet Arm. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 30, p18
Presents information on Skillspower.com, a subsidiary formed by the White Plains, New York-based educational and professional publisher, Haights Cross Communications, designed to provide test preparatory materials on the Internet, CD-ROM and through in-service training. Executive changes at the...
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/9/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
Assesses the growth of revenue by K-12 and professional publisher Haights Cross for the year 2002 in the U.S. Development of library businesses; Production of test-preparatory series by the publisher; Comparison of the sales between Newbridge Educational Publishing and Triumph Learning.
- Haights Cross Leverages Test Prep Publisher EDI Into Skillspower.com. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Reports that educational and professional publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has launched a business, called Skillspower.com to provide test preparation materials through the Internet, CD-ROM and in-service training.
- Haights Cross Forms Educational Division Following Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;01/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
Reports that Haights Cross Communications has formed two divisions following an announcement that it had brought several firms on December 13, 1999.
- Partnerships and Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p7
Presents an update on partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 5, 2001, which include the licensing agreement between Haights Cross Communications and Simon & Schuster.
- Test Prep Helps Power Haights Cross In 2001. // Educational Marketer;4/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the growth of the 2001 revenues of K-12 supplemental and professional publisher Haights Cross.
- Haights Cross Extends Debt Swap Offer. // Educational Marketer;7/20/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that Haights Cross Communications Inc., a library and K-12 supplemental publisher, extended the deadline for its equity-for-debt swap from July 13, 2011 to July 20, 2011.
- Planned obsolescence creates new consumers. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p37
Reports business developments in New York as of January 2004. Announcement of the 2003 annual dividend by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc.; Resignation of Timothy McEwen as executive vice president of Haights Cross Communications Inc.; Improvement of financial statement disclosures by...
- SUNDANCE PUBLISHING NAMES NEW PRESIDENT. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jun2000, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the appointment of Robert Laronga as executive president of Haights Cross Communications.